TrAnSmISSI0N 7.0

🎮

🎮

"It all began so innocently. How was she to know the one she trusted would betray her so horrendously?"

🎮

The camera jostles as Kinley sets it on the desk. Her bright blue eyes are dancing excitedly as usual and her long mess of blonde hair is sticking up in every which way. Today she wears a spaghetti strap purple dress with various game controllers decorating it. Her feet are bare this time, socks and shoes thrown into a corner somewhere in her room.

She bounces on her toes as she faces the camera, her hands swinging around to clasp behind her," Kinley speaking, with a new invention coming your way!"

She giggles with a playful wink, her face so carefree and full of life.

She runs across her room to her bed where she lifts three objects into her arms. When she stands centered in front of the camera again she holds out a familiar orb," You all remember my breakthrough a few months back with the SOLARIS. I figured out the light hack and successfully created a holographic computer with all the typical basic software systems. I haven't dubbed the OS just yet, operating system for those who don't know. That's because I'm finishing up the real component, the real reason we're all here today!"

She tosses the SOLARIS back on her bed and holds out another orb that's entirely pink," Not long after I created the prototype of the SOLARIS, I created the K1tty-cam. The thought behind this was that by recording real life into a device with the same components as the SOLARIS, I'd be able to realize my ultimate goal in all of this."

She tosses the K1tty-cam onto the bed as well and holds up a pair of bulky virtual reality goggles," You all probably know what these are. This isn't an actual invention of mine. They're VR googles. The reason I'm showing these to you is because of what I'm revealing today. At first, I wasn't fully realizing the possibilities of what I could accomplish with my invention. I was thinking singularly, only aiming to make a projected video game. However, I soon realized the full capabilities of what I've created."

Kinley tosses the goggles as she heads towards her bed and picks the SOLARIS up once again. Once again front and center, Kinley holds the orb out in her hands," Activate."

The orb glows, the light pink this time, and hovers in her hand. She swipes her hand from underneath it and it stays hovering in front of her. She looks back at the camera, a rare glint in her eyes. It's a satisfied glint, a confident glint.

"I realized I could not only create virtual reality concepts, but augmented reality as well. I've done this already and that's what I'll be presenting today, but that's not my big announcement."

She grins, a mischievous spark in her eyes now," It isn't complete, but I'm literally on the precipice of an entirely new way of not only gaming, but how we perceive technology as we know it."

Her hands splay out beside her as she enthusiastically explains the idea that changed everything," I've successfully, as have many others, created entities within a gaming system. It's what makes up your video games and cartoons. It's a simple enough concept if you know what you're doing."

She holds up a finger and winks," But I've taken that one step further. I'm created things inside an elaborate OS I've designed that allows me to project those creations into reality. Now this sounds a lot like virtual or augmented reality, right?"

She grins as if she holds all the secrets in the world in the palm of her hand," Except I've managed to solidify pixels. What's projected from the SOLARIS becomes something you can touch and feel. Something that affects the world around us as we know it. It's still in the early stages and trust me when I say it's not pretty in the slightest, but give me a few months and I have no doubt I'll be presenting you a final product."

She shrugs with a sigh," Unfortunately my dad says I can't produce any of this yet until I'm eighteen, so I'm taking the next four years to perfect this."

She giggles in that beautiful way of hers and moves on," Now that the anticipation is built, onto the video game I've designed for the SOLARIS. I want your feedback guys!"

Kinley goes on to explain her latest creation, a common thing she does for her vlogs.

Little does she know, that her next announcement will never come. Though she does succeed in her goal to solidify code and pixels into real life, there's another in her life who saw a greater purpose for her creation.

A purpose she never intended it to have. A purpose that broke all her promises to her father, that broke all the rules she set in place for herself.

In this man's eyes, there's one more step to perfection in her grand plans. Why settle, he thought, for projecting creations into reality. Why when they could enter the game itself?

🎮

"You will pay for what you've done." The dissonant voice states as if reciting a textbook.

"We'll make sure of it."