T R A N S M I S S I O N 1.0

🎮

The sound of shuffling and a girlish grunt comes through the static before the image clears. A tiny blonde girl with bright blue eyes grins proudly into the screen, "Yay! I got it working!"

She gives the screen a peace sign and laughs, "Ello! This is Kinley speaking with another invention coming your way!"

Kinley bends over until she's looking directly into her computer's camera. In the corners of the image, clutter piles her desk - cords in a tangled wad, a computer mouse mid dissection, and books towering precariously. Her straight hair falls to her waist in a beautiful mess and her bright blue eyes dance with excitement. Her face is riddled with mischief, as if she knows a secret.

As usual, she's dressed in the quirky clothing she's notorious for. A black tank top covers jean shorts littered with colorful patches. A too-big ivory sweater hangs loosely off her shoulders. Thigh high socks decorate each leg - one plain black, the other bright blue with tiny lime green frogs all over it. Black converse completes her look.

The dazzling girl giggles happily and raises her hands with the fingers splayed, "This is gonna be so cool!"

The camera films the happy-go-lucky girl as she spins around on one toe and dashes over to the closet. She throws the door open with too much enthusiasm and it slams into the wall. Her eyes bug out and her eyebrow twitches, as she stares at it.
Turning to the camera, she laughs nervously, "Whoops?"
Quickly moving along, she gets back to the task at hand and quite literally dives into her closet. An array of clothing and gadgets fly out of the open door, crash landing in various places around her room off camera.

"Aha!", she cries out in victory. Kinley scrambles from her closet only to trip over an old hard drive she had just tossed out. A noise that sounds suspiciously like a duck quack, leaves her as she crashes to the ground face first.
"Owwwww," she whines into the carpet.

Pushing up with her hands, she manages to get to her feet. Her hair is sticking out in every which way as she holds her head. Shaking it off, she glares down at the hard drive, "Stupid piece of crap!"

She turns back to the camera with a bashful smile, "Just pretend that never happened, okay?" Kinley holds up a tiny metallic sphere in the palm of her hand. It's gunmetal grey and lights up blue in the cracks where the various pieces fit together.

She sighs, "I tried getting my hands on a pink light, but I'm stuck with gross blue for now." Her eyes twinkle mischievously as she holds her hand out in front of her,"Watch this. Everyone, meet SOLARIS."
With a flex of her fingers the orb hovers in her hand. She winks, "Your personal holographic computer."

She waves her free hand across the air above the orb and a full spectrum color light screen appears out of thin air. Kinley grins proudly as a basic home screen program is perfectly visible. This has been tried and failed numerous times by many engineers and inventors. There's always a glitch - the light isn't strong enough to be visible in the sun, the picture is too pixelated, the color range pathetically basic. But Kinley isn't the average techie.

Kinley laughs happily, "And Sara said I wouldn't be able to pull it off." She smirks at the screen, "Check this out."

She swipes her hand from under the orb and it remains in place, hovering in the air silently. Kinley touches the two upper corners of the holographic home screen with her pointer fingers and swipes out. The screen enlarges to the size of a large flatscreen television.

Her fingers dance across the light, tapping at various things to display the range of programming she's already accomplished in such a short time. She pulls up an art application where she could use a stylus that hid within the orb to draw with. She plays chess and solitaire, highlights her science notes for a test that Friday - which she makes sure to schedule a few study hours for in the calendar. She pulls up two very basic game apps she invented for the unique operating system and jams out to techno while she goes about showing off all she's accomplished so far.

Minimizing the screen with her fingers again, the stylus presses down on a cat she'd just drawn - badly. She tosses the cat to the desk. The haphazard doodle blinks at its surroundings before it starts to bathe itself, then meows before vanishing.

Kinley's eyes dance as she plays with her latest toy.

"KINLEY," the croaky voice of a woman shouts from down stairs. Kinley squeaks, eyes bugging out as footsteps start up the stairs. In the span of a heartbeat, she goes from playfully working to scrambling around the room, picking up everything she'd previously tossed about and throwing them back into the closet. They fly across the room, crashing and likely breaking when they land. Just in the nick of time she grabs the SOLARIS, and shoves it in her sweater pocket.

Looking around the room in relief, she freezes when she looks at the computer and sees it's still actively filming. She hurries over to it but trips over her Xbox control's wire. Her infamous quack sound leaves her as she face plants the ground. Again.

The bedroom door opens, revealing a middle aged woman with greying blonde hair and brown eyes. She grimaces in annoyance down at Kinley, "What are you doing, Kinley? I can hear the racket you're making all the way in the kitchen."

Kinley tries to get up to stand but ends up tripping over her own feet and falls to the ground again. Her head shoots up, eyes wide and pleading as she rushes out, "Nothing! Just-."
She grunts while she tries to untangle herself from the sea of wires she'd fallen into.
"Just trying to clean up is all!"

Her mother shakes her head, watching her struggle blankly, "You better not be making any more of those 'inventions'. You know how I feel about those. Get this room cleaned up or I'll confiscate your computer." She wrinkles her nose when her eyes catch on the glass of solidified week old milk sitting on the dresser.

Kinley's head pops up, her game controller's wire somehow found its way around her neck and is actively trying to strangle her. With a cheery smile she chirps," On it mom!"

Her mother rolls her eyes and turns to leave, "And keep it down! Especially the drilling. It gives me a headache."

"You got it!", Kinley chirps again. As soon as the bedroom door shuts, Kinley sighs heavily. Sitting on her heels, still half strangled by a wire, she looks sadly down at the carpet. She doesn't move for quite a few minutes, lost in thought and obviously bothered by something.

Then, as if nothing happened, she hops up and smiles brightly to the camera with her hands behind her back.

She's still dreadfully tangled in all sorts of wires, a computer chip is stuck in her hair on top of her head, and a mini screwdriver dangles from the locks near her left ear.

"Sorry about that."
Kinley bends over with a wink, a finger playfully over her smirking lips, as she stage whispers, "Don't tell her this, but I'm working on an actual video game for the SOLARIS."

Her nose wrinkles adorably as she giggles excitably. Skipping over to the computer, she bends over to look into the camera. All the viewers can see now is her beautiful happy face and a mess of blonde hair tangled with random knickknacks. Her blue eyes shine as she says with an excited squeal, "It's gonna be epic!"

Giggling happily, she gives the camera a peace sign and a wink, "Until next time. Kinley, out!"

TRANSMISSION END_