6• S34RCH1NG

🎮

🎮

🎮

Riding in cars doesn't get any less fascinating. I'm currently riding with Kota, Victor, and Nathan in this green clunky sedan that makes odd popping noises when we speed up and clanks when we stop.

Kota told me to sit up front which is possibly the best place in the whole car. I can see everything from here, which is why Kota told me to sit here. He wants me to see if anything is familiar to me as we go from house to house.

That's our mission today.

They showed me the ninety nine files on the missing students. The goal had been to narrow it down to who might be Pix.3.lated, the hacker who reached out to them. A little over sixty were female, and only twenty of those disappeared around the time I appeared.

So now we're going house to house in hopes of finding some sort of clue that will either help us solve this mystery or point us to who might actually be my creator.

I know what I told them back in the office. That doesn't make it true. Not entirely at least. I'm scared. I'm scared that I don't have a story at all, that I'm nothing more than a sequence of intricately designed code with one purpose. I'm scared what that means for me once that purpose is satisfied.

"Here we are." Kota says as we pull to a stop on the road. I look out my window at a middle class home painted a pale yellow. There's a sigil on the grass by the mailbox, aged and worn down. Empty candles with soot ridden glass, are scattered along the outside of a huge photo.

The girl has brunette hair and warm green eyes. She's not blonde like the transmission girl, but Kota says we can't make assumptions on her appearance. It could very well be a guise she's using.

Kota leans across the middle console and purses his lips at the sigil," I believe we have the right house."

Victor pipes in from the back seat," Yeah. This is the address for Marnie White's house. Her parents never moved, obviously they're having a hard time moving on."