Chapter 54: Hunter Fights Back!

Hunter's POV

"Come on, Tsu.. Come on." I shook her lightly, trying to wake her up but she just wouldn't. "Damn, I gotta get her back to Gohan and the other two. Maybe they'll know what to do." I slid my arms underneath Tsubaki's back, picking her up bridal style. Cocoa climbed onto my shoulder, giving out a small meow as I started walking. We managed to lose Keitaro and Keiko, before Tsubaki passed out. She was really worn out from the fight, after we had run off the first time and they found us it got worse. Tsubaki took a lot of hits, trying to keep them from getting to me. Some of those hits, she was able to counteract but most of them had really hard impacts. I kept my mind on getting us out of here, but I just couldn't find an exit. I ran faster down the dark hallway, keeping my guard up as I carried Tsubaki. Finally, I made it to a smaller path which separated two ways.

"Which way should I go? I have to get Tsubaki somewhere so I can help her recover..." I walked forward only to have an energy blast hit the ground in front of me, throwing me backwards onto the floor. "Damn, what the hell?" I groaned, sitting up.

"Did you really think that you can run away from us, Hunter?" My eyes widened in shock, as the smoke cleared. I held tightly onto Tsubaki, who was still unconscious. I looked up spotting Keitaro standing just a few feet away from us, but he was also standing in front of one of the exits. I silently cursed, knowing that I was going to have to deal with him myself since Tsubaki was still out. "What the hell do you want from me?" I kept my nerves in check, not letting him see me panic. Because right now was not the time to panic, not when Tsubaki's life is in my hands right now. "We want you to take us to that gem.." Keiko smirked, "What gem?" I asked, "The one that's in the center of the cave. The one that give people amazing strength boosts." Keitaro kept this emotionless look on his face as he looked at me. "And why the hell do you think I'll do that?" I gritted through my teeth, as my grip on Tsubaki tightened. "Because of that girl in your arms." Keitaro said, "You don't want her to die, do you?" Keiko chuckled lightly, keeping an evil smirk on her face. But at that moment, I didn't care for their threats. I picked up Tsubaki, leaning her against a large boulder nearby and stood in front of her. Cocoa was sitting by Tsubaki, hissing at Keiko who stood to the right of her brother. "You're gonna have to go through me, if you want to get to that gem because if you think I'm just gonna show you the way then you're dead wrong." I threw down my backpack, then my scarf and jacket and stood my ground.

"Oh, so you're gonna fight us are you?" Keiko chuckled, "If that's what I must do, then yes. I'm the next in line to become Chief and I cannot let you take that gem, especially after what you did to my people."

Meanwhile....

"Have you been able to sense her at all?" Goku asked, looking over to Gohan as he stood in front of them. "Only a little. We've been able to feel her ki skyrocket. But, dad... I can barely even feel it now.. Something is wrong." Gohan spoke up, "Sounds like Keitaro and Keiko are giving Hunter and your friend a problem."

"There are another set of twins?" Vegeta asked, "Yes.. They showed up I guess around the same time these two did, but we weren't around when they did show up. Ever since we've been separated from Tsu, things have been going downhill." Trunks explained, "I have a question for you two." Goku turned his attention to Riko and Rin, "Go ahead." Riko spoke, "Just why have you come to take the gem? What is your purpose for hurting all those people?" Goku asked, staring sternly at the pair.

"Well, that gem increases strength. What we want is to become strong enough to take over this village. That bastard chief knows nothing of this new world, putting Hunter next in line when it should be us." Everyone stood in shock except for Goku and Vegeta, the two kept a calm facade.

"Well, that's too bad. Cause you're gonna have to go through us if you want that gem." Videl spoke up, causing Rin to chuckle. "This should be fun. Right, Riko?" Rin looked over to her brother, not paying attention to them. "Let's go," Rin nodded, as the pair charged forward at Goku and the others.

~

I managed to block all of Keiko's kicks that came towards me, but didn't see Keitaro appear behind me. I was losing energy fast, meaning it wouldn't be long before I completely ran out. I was kicked in the side, making me fly backwards. I stopped myself, pushing off the wall and charged at them. "Ember--" I ducked under Keitaro's right arm and punched Keitaro in the stomach, but he managed to sense it coming. "Not so fast." My eyes slightly widened, but I managed to block Keiko's punch. "Ha!!!" I tried to get away but couldn't dodge the counterattack sent by Keiko, I hit the wall hard making a large dent. The cave shook from my impact, I bounced off the wall and hit the ground. I got up quickly, not letting the energy blast hit me. I rolled out of the way, getting to my feet and charged at Keiko. I feigned a right punch, to which she tried to kick me but I disappeared and ended up behind her. "Where the hell?" Keiko started, "Behind you!! You should always keep an eye on your opponent." I kicked Keiko hard in the back, making her fly forward and hit a large boulder just on the other side of Tsubaki. Keitaro charged at me, but I quickly moved away. Keitaro disappeared, making me look around. I was caught off guard and kicked into the wall nearby, I bounced off, hitting the ground. I groaned as I tried to get up, but before I could do anything I was kicked in the stomach hard. The impact was hard enough to send me flying across the way, "Looks like you didn't have much fight in you," Keitaro sent a blast my way, I jumped away landing on my feet.

I disappeared, quickly appearing behind Keitaro and punched him. He dodged my punch but sent punches and kicks my way, but I seemed to block all of them. I was kicked in the face and sent into another wall, but before I could get up an energy blast headed my way. I could barely move after being kicked so many times, but I was not gonna give up. Not now, not when Tsubaki is still out. Her life is in my hands now, I struggled to move but manage to get back up on my feet not done with fighting.

"Oh, so you have some fight left in you.. How annoying.. Why don't you just give up and show us where the gem is?"

"Like I said before.. I will not show you where it is or let you get to it. I'm not giving up! Not now! Not ever!!"