Chapter 28: Gohan vs. Cell

Tsubaki's pov

"Whoa!! Tsu calm down!! Please!!" I was currently being pulled away from my father, Goku. The reason why is simple, I wanted to strangle him for the sole reason that he thinks it's okay to let Gohan fight Cell. Gohan was never supposed to fight Cell, especially with Cell being this strong. "I'm going to castrate him!!!" I had pretty good feeling that Mom said the same thing, when Dad announced it. They were streaming the fight live to all the people in the world, which was not a good idea. Cell was nothing but an android, who simply loves killing people. "Relax, Tsubaki. He's not gonna have any problems." Dad stated, shaking his head. "Dad! I'm going to kill you!! How are you gonna do that to Gohan?!! I should be the one fighting Cell, damn it!!! I'm getting my revenge!" I shouted, grabbing at him but I was being held back by Tien, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo, Yamcha and even Gohan, himself.

"Please calm down!!" Krillen stayed well away from me because when Dad first told us, I kicked Krillen out of the way. He had been trying to keep me from killing Dad. I kind of felt bad for Krillen, I keep hurting the poor guy when he's only trying to help. "Please! Tsu!" I struggled against them "Come here so I can kill you!!" I felt a hand at the base of my tail, on my back and I stopped wiggling. "What the- how did you do that?" Yamcha looked at me as I drooped a bit, "Tsu, you okay?" Gohan looked at me, directly into my droopy eyes. I was beginning to feel tired, as Trunks continued to keep his hand on that spot. "What did you do?" Tien asked, "Well, there's has always been a spot for her that calmed her down. I'm the only one who knows of this spot. I discovered it after we had a close call with the androids one day. We were young back then and ever since then, it's been that particular spot." Trunks explained, "Can you stop touching it?" I whined, wiggling in Yamcha's arms.

"Will you promise to not wig out at Goku anymore?" He asked, "Yes, I promise. I double pinky swear, that I won't wig out at Dad." I pouted and he removed his hand from my back. "Gohan, please. Fight with all you've got." I bent down to his level, wrapping him in a large hug. Cell turned to say something, but Gohan had already went down the battle grounds.

I held Trunks hand tightly watching as Cell and Gohan started their fight, in response Trunks wrapped a comforting arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My nerves were shot and it didn't take long for Cell to overpower Gohan, he was getting kicked around like he was a rag-doll. He wasn't doing any better than Dad did when Dad fought him in super saiyan, the thing is Dad couldn't keep fighting like that because he was recently recovering from his heart disease. If he had, it would have done much more damage to him. I wanted to go help Gohan so bad but I knew I couldn't. "Goku! Can you not see Gohan isn't strong enough to take Cell on like by himself?" Piccolo was obviously worried about him. My timeline's Gohan told me stories of just how close he really was with Piccolo. "Don't worry, he can handle it." Dad dismissed it and smiled down at the fight. The others were trying to talk some sense in Dad so he could get Gohan, but I wasn't understanding him this time. Why does he still want Gohan to fight? Is it because Gohan has hidden potential?

"Goku, sending Gohan down there is like killing a little girl!" Krillen said, "Relax, he'll be fine. He just has to get angry." I pulled out of Trunks' grip and walked over to Dad as Piccolo was still trying to talk him out of it. Dad, however, wasn't listening to a word they were saying. "Dad, can I ask you a question?" He turned to look at me. "What is it?" I walked closer, "You do realize something has to happen for Gohan to get-" I was cut off, when I heard Gohan shout out in pain and was kicked into a boulder. The boulder crumbled, burying him under but what made me panic was what followed. Dad seemed to finally grasp what everyone was trying to tell him, the look he gave made me worry. "I can't sense him." Piccolo said, "What do you mean, Piccolo?" I turned my head to him, "I can't sense his ki at all. It was there moment ago but now it's gone. I can't even tell if he's alive, I can't hear him." This got my attention as I backed away, this can't be happening.

Gohan couldn't have died that easily, he may be young but he trained with Dad and I for a year. Cell was laughing at Gohan for going down so easily. "Go-han. Gohan! Gohan get up!" I started yelling at the top of my lungs, my heart was pounding in my ears, when I saw a small rock fall. It rolled off the rest of the rubble and that's when I felt Gohan's ki, he suddenly bursted through the rubble. "Gohan!!!" I yelled happily, seeing that my older brother was alive.

The fight continued with Gohan telling Cell that if he got angry enough, he would be able to take down cell. I did go past super saiyan to super saiyan two, but after that I never got angry enough to show my potential. My timeline's Gohan always told me growing up that I had hidden potential. He was trying to bring that out of me during our training and when he died, I went super saiyan two. But I know that wasn't the potential he was talking about at all. When I first went super saiyan two, Trunks had stopped crying. I was still crying and heartbroken lying there, which resulted in me going after the androids. After doing that I was nearly killed and Trunks had saved me, he took me back to Bulma's and she took care of my wounds.

Unfortunately, Mom came looking for me that same day and she found me all bandaged up at Bulma's. When she first walked in, she was yelling but I had started to tear up and had to break the news to her that Gohan, her beloved son was dead. I don't want Gohan to end up that way, not this timeline's Gohan. I noticed that after Gohan had told him that, Cell was trying to push him. 

"What's Cell trying to do?" Vegeta had been behind me, watching the whole thing in silence although he made the occasional comment.

That's when Android 16 decided to step in, "Where was he standing this entire time?" I turned to Trunks, "I'm not sure." He shrugged. "16, what are you doing?" Krillen asked, as 16 walked past us. "I'm going to stop him." He jumped down from the cliff, wrapping his arms around Cell from the back.

"What the hell are you doing, 16?!" Cell was completely surprised by his actions, "I'm going to detonate the bomb inside my chest." My eyes widened hearing what he had just announced. "What?!!" Everyone behind me shouted, "16, you don't have to do that!! I don't want anymore death, we've already lost cities of people to him! We will find another way." I yelled down to them. "No, since young Gohan can't do anything and not even son Goku could defeat him then there's nobody who can defeat him." 16 shouted, "Now, come on. Don't be stupid. We both know you aren't gonna kill me by yourself." Cell laughed,  "No, I plan on taking us both out." I grabbed Trunk's hand and squeezed it.

"16! You can't do that!! When Bulma was repairing while trying to make the button to shut you off, she removed the bomb from your chest! You don't have a bomb there anymore!!!" Krillen shouted, making my eyes widen and what's worse was that Cell was able to gain the upper advantage. Cell turned around, destroying all of 16's body. "Oh my god." My nerves started to go through the roof. "Even if you were to blow up, it wouldn't have much effect on me." This is not going well. And it looks like Gohan is gonna have to get angry.