Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I took as long as I could in the bathroom. As awesome as it was, I was afraid it would be awkward between Liam and I.

It was only a little peck..

That voice in my head kept repeating this fact, and though it was true, I was supposed to be against boys! They're no good!

But then of course I had to come across a boy like that. A boy who seemed so much different than the rest.

I pressed my forehead against the shower wall. It was still cool despite the hot steam clouded around me. Pressing my fingers to my temples, I thought hard about Liam.

Only a little kiss..

Nothing I did could could that thought out of my head. Part of me wanted it to stay up there.

All too soon the hot shower turned cold, so I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself. Somehow the floor outside of the shower had gotten drenched in water. The second I stepped onto the wet tiled floor, my feet went out from under me and I knocked my head on the side of the bathtub on the way down.

Above me, the ceiling was spinning. I grumbled and stumbled to my feet. Hurriedly I threw on some clothes and ran a brush through my hair, already feeling a knot on the back of my head beginning to form.

I was still kind of dizzy while I ran down the steps into the living room, where Liam was watching some show on tv. On the last step I tripped over my feet and somehow twisted around so I was lying on my back. My head was rested uncomfortably on the edge of a step.

Liam tried to stifle his laughter and I closed my eyes willing the ground to just swallow me up. A warm hand took mine and an arm was put behind me, helping me up.

I let myself be led into the kitchen and Liam handed me a clothe full of ice. I pressed it tenderly against the lump on the back of my head, which was still getting bigger.

Of course by then I had forgotten all about the kiss, so I let Liam keep my hand wrapped in his. We sat in silence at the old dining table, Liam's free hand tracing patterns in the grain of the wood.

Every once in a while he would squeeze my hand, and my heart would flutter. Why does he have to do that?

"Who does what?" Liam asked. Color flooded to my cheeks when I realized I had been thinking out loud. My mind was going a mile a minute, trying to find someway to get me out of there.

"Well, you see, my friend and I e Harry's curls, but he always flips his hair too fast so we always have to pay close attention to him and we end up missing the entire interview."

I gave a sheepish smile hoping that he would believe the lie. Liam raised an eyebrow.

"That was a terrible lie."

"I know," I said frowning.

I stared at Liam's hands waiting for him to reply. He laughed a for a second and said, "So are you going to tell me what you were really thinking?"

I pretended to think a moment. "Nope," I said quickly and jogged put of the kitchen.

Much to my dismay, I heard Liam right on my heels. A few seconds later his arms wrapped around me from behind and I was abruptly thrown on the leather couch.

Just as I was about to sit up a huge weight went down on me. I gasped for air when Liam started tickling me.

"Now will you tell me?" he laughed.

I squirmed underneath him, trying to get away. "Never!" I gasped.

"I won't stop until you surrender! Your choice babe!" Liam, still laughing," said back.

"Stop! I'll tell! It's you, okay! You make my heart beat anytime you even look at me! That isn't supposed to happen because I know boys are no good, and I still love Gunner, but I can't help it!" I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest and looking up at him.

A small smile formed on Liam's face, and it grew until he was grinning like a maniac.

"So does it make you mad when I do that?" he asked mischievously .

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yes.."

Liam gave me a cheeky grin before swooping down and giving me a peck on the cheek. I felt my dace redden and my heart sped up.

"Did that make you angry?" Liam asked, still smiling.

"Yes," I growled. He laughed and kissed my other cheek.

"Look at that blush," he cooed, tapping my nose.

Of course that only made me blush harder. I squirmed some more trying to get him off of me. Finally, he got up and grabbed his phone.

"Let's get pizza for lunch, eh?" he asked while dialing a number.

I nodded my approval and decided it would be nice to have Penelope and the rest of the boys over. Liam agreed with me and I immediately called Penelope, and after the pizza was ordered Liam invited the boys over.

Soon the living room was filled with five rowdy boys, and Penelope hadn't arrived yet. The doorbell rang, and I went to get the door.

It wasn't Penelope, but the pizza girl. She was pretty, with light brown hair and dimples. Her name tag read Janelle Reid. I thanked her and payed for the pizza. She smiled warmly at me before heading back to her delivery car.

I walked back into the living room with the pizzas almost making me topple over.

"Really Liam? Seven pizzas?"

He shrugged," Niall will eat at least one by himself, so I figured I should get a bunch because there's so many people."

Niall jumped up from the couch. "Here let me help you with those," he muttered while trying to open the lid off a box.

"Not yet! We have to wait until Penelope gets here!" And with that, I went to put the pizzas in the kitchen.

About ten minutes later Penelope appeared in my doorway. I probably should've warned her about the boys, but I had wanted it to be a surprise.

A huge grin spread across her face and she immediately ran over to them. I thought she was going to hyperventilate when she got a Horan hug, which we used to joke about all the time.

Once everything was settled, Liam helped me set out the pizzas and within five minutes about two of them were gone.

*****I finally updated!

I know.. I suck.

I ENTERED THIS STORY INTO AN AWARDS THING AND IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD IF YOU GUYS VOTED!!

And as for the late update... I don't have much of an excuse, other than homecoming and I've been sick.

Please vote and comment!!

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @NiallWeSmile

Dedicated to @babyjay98 for making Janelle!!