Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It had been a few days since Liam asked me to be his girlfriend. I kicked him out of the house after that because my mother would flip if she found out I had been with a boy home alone.

I dusted a shelf nervously waiting for my mom to get home. She was supposed to get back from her business trip today and my nerves were fried. Halfway through mopping the kitchen floor she burst through the door holding a magazine with Liam and I on the front. She was absolutely livid.

"What exactly were you thinking, hiding this from me!? I wouldn't have left you alone if I knew you would be out and around with boys!" She hadn't even let me say hello before she started yelling. A few minutes later she was nearly in tears.

Eventually I managed to calm her down and explain that everything was ok. Mom was still upset that I had been hanging out with boys without her permission, and I was sentenced to a month without any internet or television. She also demanded to meet Liam to make sure he wasn't an absolute heathen who was put on this earth to ruin her daughter.

 I nervously invited him over, praying that she'd like him. To my surprise, Mom loved him. This came as a surprise to me because she hated just about every other boy I'd brought home. Liam charmed the socks off my mom and I was starting to get convinced she liked him more than she liked me.

 Fast forward about a week and I was at Liam's house, sitting on his kitchen counter and watching him trying to cook. This was the second time he burned himself on the stove. I automatically pulled an ice cube out of the freezer and pressed it against his burn as he winced.

"You should be more careful," I murmured as I took his spot in front of the stove. He frowned at me while I stirred the sauce he was making, which was now smoking and giving off a gross smell. Liam turned the burner off and smiled at me.

"So since I totally screwed up dinner, do you wanna order pizza?" I laughed quietly as he gestured to the burnt food.

"That would be lovely, Liam Dear." He groaned at the 'Liam Dear'. I'd started calling him that recently and it drove him nuts. I patted his t-shirt clad chest and sauntered into the living room to grab a phone. He took it out of my hand and asked, "What toppings would you like, BooBoo?"

I glowered at him. He knew I hated it when he called me that, which was why he did it. "Does pepperoni sound all right, Liam Dearest?" I countered. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"That sounds great Kassie-Boo, I'll order it," he said, laughing at my horrified expression.

"How wonderful, LeeLee Darling," I retorted, crossing my arms.

"Sounds splendid, right Pooky-Wooky?" He smiled evilly. I scrambled to find another annoying pet name.

"Yes, it does, my little Sugar Muffin."

"Okay, Baby Sugar Cakes."

I wrinkled my nose at him. I couldn't think of another name. Knowing he had won, Liam winked at me and dialed the pizza delivery place. I sat on his big couch and waited for him to come back. He walked into the living room and tried to sit next to me, but I pushed him away.

"Nope, nope, nope, that seat is saved," I smiled. He smiled at me with his warm brown eyes. "Who's it saved for?" he asked innocently.

"My boyfriend," I shot sweetly back at him. He raised one eyebrow.

"When is he coming over? Do you think I ordered enough pizza? And since you're bringing company can I invite my girlfriend over?" He said sweetly. I scooted over so he could take a seat by me.

"You win. Just so you know you're the only one I want," I giggled as he slid over beside me and buried his face in my hair.

"Same for me, babe. Same for me." He breathed.

************************

Whoo! I'm back! Hopefully I'll be able to update at least once a week from now on. School has started and this has become a new way to procastinate, so yay! Thanks to everyone who has been waiting patietly for this, and sorry it's so short, I'm a little rusty.