Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I'm not sure how far Liam walked with me in his arms, but eventually I heard the jingle of keys and a door opening. Warm air enveloped me and I opened my eyes. We were in a rather large looking apartment. The walls were painted a warm light brown and there was white carpet covering the floor.

He sat me down on the couch as the other boys filed in behind him. All eyes were on me and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. My shoes squished against the carpet and I was still shivering from the cold rain.

The dark haired boy noticed my discomfort and said, "Liam, she's freezing. We need to find some dry clothes for her."

Liam held his hand out to me and I reluctantly took it. He led me back into a room and started sifting through a few dresser drawers. Pulling out a pair of grey sweatpants and a blue t shirt, he handed them to me.

"I guess you can just put your wet clothes in the bathtub. Come back into the living-room when you're done changing so we can get acquainted."

I silently nodded and tried to think where I had seen those brown eyes before. My brain was too jumbled and it frustrated me to not be able to focus.

I went into the connecting bathroom and took off my drenched pajamas. I hadn't even known I was wearing those. Come to think of it, I don't even remember half of this morning. For all I knew the front door to my house was open.

Slipping on Liam's clothes, I realized he was at least six inches taller than me. I rolled up the sweatpants so I could walk in them but couldn't do anything about the loose T-shirt.

I traipsed back down the hallway where I found the five boys sitting around the house talking quietly about something. I met the green eyes of the curly haired boy and he nudged Liam. He looked at me and smiled. There was an edge to it though.

"So, love, care to tell us about yourself?"

I hesitantly took a seat in a white recliner chair. I tried to think out a relpy to his question but my mind wouldn't bring up anything rational, other than the scene from yesterday.

Tears came to my eyes and I tried my best to hold them back, to no avail. They were now streaming down my face and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. As tears rolled down my cheeks I felt a warm hand on my arm. I looked up to see Liam with a caring look on his face.

He held his arms out to me and I buried my face in his chest as I sobbed. Once I got control of myself I sat back, kind of embarrassed of my outburst. The four other boys were staring at me cautiously, as if they were worried I might break down again.

Liam cleared his throat and I looked at him. He began speaking, "I didn't catch your name, love."

I sniffled and replied, "Kassie, my name is Kassie Jones. Who are you?"

Liam looked taken aback. "You mean you don't recognize us?"

I shook my head no. "There's something familiar about you, but I can't place it. Have we met before?"

The blonde boy chuckled from behind Liam. His voice rang out, "Babe, most people know us even if we haven't met."

His statement confused me. Of course, my brain was still quite jumbled. Why do people know them? How come they were so surprised I didn't know who they were?

"What do you mean?" I asked stupidly. The boy in stripes sat up a little straighter before he answered.

"Well maybe you'll recognize us better if you knew our names. I'm Louis. This boy right here is Liam, that there is Niall, the quiet one is Zayn, and my curly haired friend there is Harry." At his name, Harry looked up and winked at me. I felt my cheeks slightly warm under his gaze. He seemed to be the flirt of the group.

Of course all these names were familiar. But exactly why they were familiar was a question my brain wouldn't answer.

I furrowed my brows at the quiet one named Zayn. He looked like he was the bad boy of the bunch.

Bad boy.

Bradford bad boy.

Bradford bad boy and swag master from Doncaster.

And the fresh prince of Mullingar.

I looked around the room, and it felt as if puzzle pieces had clicked together. These boys are One Direction.

I had heard of One Direction, just like pretty much everyone else in the country. I was also a pretty big fan, which made me kick myself for not placing them sooner.

Apparently seeing my comprehension, a smile spread across Liam's face. He spoke in a happy tone, "There we go! But we haven't met you before. So, Miss Kassie Jones, what were you doing, all alone, crying on a park bench in the pouring rain?"

I felt a pain in my chest. "Please don't make me talk about it. It's nothing really."

A frown crossed Liam's face before it was replaced by a soft expression. "Anytime you need to talk about it, I'll be here."

My eyes filled with tears at the kindness of a boy I had just met. "Thank you," I whispered quietly.

Thankfully I composed myself before the waterworks started up again. Unfortunately, I felt like I had been hit by a train. My head was pounding and my nose was running so much I thought it was trying to escape.

Liam disappeared around the corner for a minute before bringing me a box of tissues and a blanket. I thanked him and wrapped myself up in the warm material. The five boys had drifted off and were milling around the apartment.

I stretched out on the couch and listened silently to Liam yelling at Niall for eating almost all of his food. Harry sauntered out of a room and found my gaze. He cheekily smiled and his dimples stood out. I gave him a small smile back and he disappeared into the kitchen, where Liam was still teasing Niall.

Zayn and Louis must've been in the same room with Harry because they both came jogging out. Louis playfully ruffled Zayn's hair, making it kind of flatten. Zayn acted as if Louis had just stabbed him and went to a mirror to fix his hair. I fell asleep to his humming while he was fixing his hair.

******New chapter! Sorry for the delay! Dedicated to @Kai324 for making Kassie!

Comment and tell me what you think! I love hearing from you people! =)

~Kalyn=)