Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Nando's was delicious, like always. During our meal I found myself smiling and laughing with the boys. I hadn't felt this happy in awhile and it was good for me to let loose.

All too soon it was time to go home. I was worn out though and my cold still hadn't gone away.

After we left Nando's Niall immediately pulled out his phone. By the way he smiled at every text, I guessed they were from the girl he met named Luna.

Liam dropped the boys off at their apartments and drove me home. A familiar car in the driveway made my heart jump and my stomach completely drop. The silhouette at the door was a familiar one that made tears filled my eyes when he turned to face Liam's car.

Liam walked with me to him, a warm hand pressed against the small of my back. I held back a wave of tears when we made it up to the door and I could clearly see the features of the boy I used to love.

His brown hair was mussed into perfection and dark brown eyes were emotionless. He sent a smile my way but I didn't have it in me to even blink.

"I need to talk to you," Gunner said, with an edge in his voice. I assumed it was jealousy from the way he was eyeing Liam.

"There's nothing to talk about," I said coldly. I was proud of myself for not letting my voice shake.

He attempted to grab my hands while saying, "Come on babe, don't be like that."

I roughly shoved him away. I felt as if I'd been stabbed in the chest when he called me babe.

"Don't call me that," I said, but this time my voice broke.

How could he have the nerve to come here after all that he did? Actually, how could he even have the nerve to cheat? I thought he loved me. I thought I could trust him.

"You know me and that girl didn't mean anything to me. I love you. Always have, always will." His voice was smooth and calm. Gunner sounded persuasive like a snake charming his next victim, and I was the unlucky mouse that fell under his spell.

My feet started moving forward on their own. Soon I was just a foot away from him and my arms were starting to reach out for him. I snapped out of my trance just in time. Slowly, I backed away and to the safety beside Liam.

"You never loved me. I don't want to see you ever again," I managed to breathe out. My breathing was starting to shake and I could feel tears about to spill over.

A look of anger crossed his face. He grabbed my wrists painfully and shook me. "You listen to me-"

Gunner was cut off by Liam, who stepped protectively in front of me. "No, you listen to me. Don't you ever touch her again. Or else you'll have me to answer to." Liam's usually warm and sweet voice was cold and hard. The steel in his tone was enough to make Gunner drop my wrists and sulk away. But not before yelling something at me.

"This isn't over yet!"

By this time tears were sliding freely down my face. Liam wrapped me in a hug and I stood there in his arms, sobbing. He stroked my hair while I cried.

I wanted to hit myself for being so weak. First I break down because an ex-boyfriend talks to me, then I collapse into another boy's arms. I felt so pathetic at that moment. Boys were no good, and I kept forgetting that fact.

Just for the rest of the night, I decided to throw that rule away. Liam led me into the house and up to my room. I sobbed into his chest as we laid back on my bed.

Eventually I contained myself, but still kept my face pressed against his tear stained shirt. He rubbed slow circles on my back and I relaxed more. I yawned into his shoulder.

Liam pulled the blue bedspread over us. I was still clutching his chest and breathing in the smell of him. It soothed me for some odd reason.

He started humming and I singled closer to his chest. Liam's arms tightened around me and I felt myself drifting off. I don't think I could've stayed awake even if I tried.

The next morning I was still in Liam's arms. I sighed, never wanting that moment to end. He shifted beside me and I held my breath. Hopefully he wouldn't wake up, so then I could lay there for awhile longer.

Thankfully he stayed asleep and I smiled to myself as his arms unconsciously tightened around me. I kept my head on his chest and my face buried in his neck.

Liam's brown hair was starting to grow out a bit and I tickled my cheek as I lay pressed against him. My hand trailed down to his arm where it started tracing circles on his warm skin. The moment was so perfect, almost too good to be true.

I dozed off again and woke up to him climbing back in bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as he pulled the comforter back to lay down next to me.

"I ran out to get a few changes of clothes, so then I don't have to sneak out anymore," he explained in a whisper.

I smiled and scooted closer to his warn figure. The clock read ten o'clock, so I figured I could relax for awhile longer. Even better, my cold seemed to have gone away.

We just relaxed together in a comfortable silence until I decided to get up and take a shower. Before my feet touched the floor, I felt Liam's hand grab my wrist.

I turned to face him and before I could even blink his face swooped down and a pair of soft, warm lips pressed against mine. Almost as sudden as it happened, the kiss ended. I stumbled to the bathroom trying to make sense of what happened.

Liam kissed me. I liked it, and my lips felt all tingly. My stomach was filled with butterflies too.

One thought filled my head, and it kind of made me smile.

Liam kissed me!

*********** Ok, remember when last weekend I said that this chapter would probably be posted last Sunday/Monday? I lied. But I tried to make it long so give me credit.

What do you think?? And I really need some advice. Are Kassie and Liam moving too fast??? They both just broke up with different people and I'm just not sure.

Video on the side is Leona Lewis 'Better in Time' I love that song and I think it kind of describes Kassie right now.

Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter!!!!!