Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Once the door was opened Penelope flew in like a rocket. "Kassie! Thank goodness you're ok! I thought something happened to you and-" she abruptly stopped when she saw Liam in the living room behind me.

"There is a weird man in you house!" She screeched and started swinging her purse at him like a baseball bat.

Liam's eyes widened and he put his hands up to protect his face. "Whoa babe, calm down! I'm not gonna hurt you!"

Penelope stopped hitting him and stood there in shock. Her mouth was hanging open and within seconds silent tears were streaking down her face. I was just thankful she wasn't fangirling like she did anytime we would talk about them.

"Uhm, don't cry babe. I didn't mean to yell," Liam said in a comforting voice. For some reason he didn't get that she wasn't crying because he yelled, but because he was standing right in front of her.

I took her by the arm and looked apologetically at Liam. "I'm going to talk to her for a minute," he nodded at me and I led her into the bathroom that connected to the living room.

Once we were in there I closed the door and she started hyperventilating. "Liam.. your house.. Payne.. who, what, direction?"

"Pen, calm down. Deep breaths remember? In, out, in, out," I said trying to get her to breathe normally. She practiced taking a few breaths and thankfully composed herself.

"Liam Payne is in your living room," she stated in a deadly serious tone. I nodded and she continued.

"I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans," she stated plainly again. I nodded and rolled my eyes. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open again.

"Liam Payne is in your living room and you didn't tell me about it!"

"I know, I told you I was busy but I didn't think that I should. Plus I was sick and then you know with Gunner..." I trailed off before tears could fill my eyes again.

"Aww, Kass, I'm sorry," she said while engulfing me in a bear hug. I hugged her back for a few minutes before pulling back and telling her the whole story.

Penelope had always been my one friend that I could trust with anything. I think that's why so many people love her. You can tell her absolutely anything and she will never breathe a word to anyone.

After I finished telling her the entire story, she hugged me again. "Kassie, Gunner was a jerk. I think something good will come of all this someday," she said. I nodded and tried to wipe my tears away. She handed me a piece of toilet paper and I gratefully took it.

"But why can't I get over him? It's been three days and I still get teary eyed at the sound of his name!" I protested.

"That's love. Now, you can be happy that you ended things before it was to late and you guys were married or something," she said patting my back. I nodded and remembered Liam was probably wondering what was going on. We had been in here for a while.

Penelope and I walked back to the living room where Liam was sitting awkwardly on the couch. He smiled when he saw me and I returned it. Penelope went into awkward fangirl mode and was starting to shake a little bit.

"Liam, this is my friend Penelope. Penelope, this is Liam," I introduced them. Liam held out his hand and instead of shaking it, she went straight for a hug. He hugged her back but when he tried to pull away she held on for a minute longer.

"He just smells so good," she whispered with her eyes closed. She finally released him and slowly backed away, like she was afraid he might disappear.

Liam looked at Penelope like she was crazy and backed a few stepped away. "Nice to meet you," he said cautiously. She smiled so wide it looked like made her face hurt.

I was kind of shocked when Penelope announced that she had to leave. I figured that she would want to stay and talk to Liam and I for a while, but I also kind of knew she would go home and probably cry because she got to meet Liam Payne.

After she left Liam and I just mainly sat around. I was still feeling lousy and he still insisted on taking care of me. I didn't mind though, it felt nice to have someone there.

We watched tv for about half an hour and then decided to play twenty questions. Liam started.

"If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?" he asked.

"Probably chocolate chip cookies. If you be any animal for one day what would you be?"

"I would be a tiger because Louis would like my stripes. If you could go any place in the world, where would you go?"

I had to think about that one for a minute. My mom used to take me on business trips with her so there weren't many places I hadn't been. My favorite place we'd been to was Florida.

"I really like the beaches and things down in Florida," I said finally.

"I love Florida too!" Liam smiled at me and I returned it. I felt my stomach growl and looked to see that it was already around five o'clock. I couldn't think of anymore questions either.

"Do you want to eat supper with the boys and I tonight? We don't have to eat out, Harry can fix up something," Liam asked suddenly.

"That would be fun. They won't mind my sick germs?" I replied. Liam laughed quietly at my question.

"We're boys, germs don't bother us. Let's go," he said lightly tugging on me. He lead me out to his car and he started driving to the boy's apartments.

Once we got there Liam walked me up to an apartment that was near his. It wasn't locked and Liam didn't bother knocking on door. It opened to four boys all playing video games on the couch.

Zayn looked up from the controls and smiled. "Long time no see," he said.

I smiled back at him and Louis sprung up from his seat. He shot over to where Liam and I were standing and crushed me in a hug. Before could hug him back he crushed Liam and then ran back to his spot on the couch.

Liam asked Harry to cook something and the curly haired boy disappeared into the kitchen. Liam sat on the floor in front of the couch and sat in an armchair nearby, waiting for supper to be done.

***********Thanks for reading!! I'm not sure how long this chapter is but hopefully it'll be ok.

Dedicated to @Penelopeluvs1D because she made the character Penelope. Hope you liked the chapter!

Please vote and comment if you liked it and I try to reply to all of them! Thank you!=)

~Kalyn=)