Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up confused, not sure for a moment where I was. Then I remembered the events from yesterday. The park, being brought here, and One Direction. I held back my intense fan girl moment when Liam walked into the room.

"Oh good! You're awake!" He said when he saw me sitting up. My head pounded and my nose wouldn't let me breathe through it.

I groaned and put my hands over my eyes. The darkness seemed to help the headache but not by much. Maybe lying in the rain wasn't a good idea.

I felt the couch shift down at my feet and I shielded my eyes against the lights to see Liam examining my face intently. Noticing my gaze the edges of his lips lifted into a small smile. "You probably want to get into some real clothes. I can drive you home if you like," he said.

I didn't want to be a bother, but I really did need to get home. I decided to take him up on his offer and he led me out to his car. Liam opened the door and helped me get in, just like a gentleman in a movie. I gave him my address and we cruised through the city.

He switched on the radio to fill the silence. It wasn't awkward, but I'm one of those people who don't like sitting in complete quiet. I stared out the window and listened to the music as he drove. Finally we pulled into my driveway.

Before I could get out Liam was at my door and opened it for me, and then helped me step out onto the pavement. We walked through the door and I showed him around, before asking him to wait in the living room so I could shower and change.

"Make yourself at home, I'll be back in a little bit," I said and noticed how my voice sounded really congested. I cursed myself and tried to get my mind off of how this cold was probably going to get worse and worse over the next few days.

I hurried up the steps and ran into the bathroom. I stepped into the hot shower and felt the steam clear up my sinuses a bit. It also soothed my head a little. I remembered Liam downstairs and hurried through the rest of my shower.

Running into my room, I threw on a T-shirt and some old sweatpants. Since I didn't feel well, I decided not to bother with looking good. I did, however put some foundation and mascara on. Then I grabbed my bracelet that I always wore and slipped it on. A friend had gotten it for me a while back and it read 'BITE ME' on it.

Halfway through brushing my hair, I glanced around my room and saw my phone on the bedside table. It had ten misses calls and twenty-three text messages from my best friend, Penelope. I called her back and she shouted into the phone, making my headache come back.

"Where are you? Do you have any idea how worried I was about you? I thought something bad happened!" She was still yelling at me when I cut her off.

"Calm down, I forgot my phone at home. Then I stayed the night at someone's house and I'm just now getting back," I replied calmly. Penelope tended to freak out about some things.

"Ok, but I'm bored, so are you busy?" she asked. Penelope also has a short attention span. One moment she will be focused on something and the next she is off to some other thing.

"Um, I'll have to call you back," I said while I thought about how Liam was probably bored out of his mind downstairs. We hung up and I ran back to the living room.

Liam was standing with his back to me, looking at some family pictures hanging on the wall. I cleared my throat awkwardly and he turned around and gave me a smile. I gave him a small one back and sat down on the couch. He joined me and gave me a questioning look.

"My friend Penelope wants to come over. But I'm also not feeling very good and plus you're here and-" I said before he cut me off.

"Love, it doesn't matter to me what you do, but if you're sick then you should rest. Maybe you should wait until you feel better before you have a friend over."

It made sense, and I felt that if I had Penelope over it would disappoint him. Maybe because he was like my dad in a lot of ways. I felt like Liam would take care of me if I needed him to.

So I sent Penelope a text telling her that we would have to meet up some other time. Then Liam suggested we watch a movie to pass the time. I showed him our collection of DVDs and he examined it closely.

"You have all three Toy Story movies," he said kind of awestruck.

"Yeah, we have just about every Disney or Pixar," I replied, preoccupied while looking through some older movies.

"That's pretty awesome. Toy Story is a really good movie by the way. It's funny and I love the characters and it's one of my favorite movies-" he said before I cut him off.

"Do you want to watch Toy Story, Liam?"

He turned and grinned at me. "That's a great idea. How'd you think of that?"

I rolled my eyes and lead the way back into the living room. The opening credits played on the tv and pretty soon I was absorbed in the movie.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Thanks for reading! Please commet and tell me what you think!

Dedicated to @MistMusic for the GORGEOUS cover she made.

Sorry for the late upload. I couldn't find a good stopping point so the chapter might be kind of short.

~Kalyn=)