19

Jungkook's POV

I wanted to ignore it.

I yearned for it to be all over.

Yet the feeling of guilt kept crawling against my skin.

Ever since that day when I spoke to Jimin, he has become more quiet. More distant. Not only has he been distant with me, but with Yuna as well.

And it's all.. my fault.

I broke that friendship that we built for so long. I couldn't help but curse under my breath.

I shouldn't of intervened and acted on a whim. I shouldn't of lied to Jimin, and instead, confessed that I actually like Yuna. No.. I shouldn't have done anything at all.

But the worst part about this whole situation is..

Jimin hasn't come to school in months.

He suddenly disappeared.

He wouldn't answer any of my calls. He wasn't home.

He was gone.

And what was I doing that time? Spending dinner with Yuna selfishly happy with no thought or consideration of Jimin's feelings as I was too immersed with my own.

There were countless of times where I hoped that he would come back. Little by little, I've been becoming more and more in doubt. It's getting close to the end of the year, and summer has soon to come.

What if he doesn't come back?

But I wasn't the only one who was affected terribly in this situation.

Yuna was too.

She was in the worst state I've seen her in. Yet she managed to always smile when she was around me.

Her eyes were swollen. Her lips were dry. But most of all, she began to fall more frequently.

And with that being said..

Her competition was coming up.

Yuna is in no condition to do her competition. She's not healthy.

One of the biggest factors seem to be due to Jimin's absence.

I guess that Yuna really does love Jimin.

At this point, I want my childhood friend back. I want Jimin back. The one who was always there for me and who always had my back.

I realized too late of how important he was to me, and not to mention, how important he was to Yuna.

I would do anything for him to come back at this point. Even if Yuna and Jimin become a thing.

How ridiculous am I?

Especially since I knew I would regret it, look at me now.

I now get to experience the saying of:

'You don't know how much they really mean to you until they finally leave you.'

With my thoughts completely eating me, I decided to go clear my thoughts by filling my stomach.

Heaving my chest and letting out a long sigh, I went into the kitchen and saw that I had nothing in my refrigerator. I don't even have anymore instant noodles.

I groaned in frustration, squeezing my hair.

I guess I need to drop by the convenience store again. A grieving night like this deserves a good instant noodle.