17

Jungkook's POV

Why am I so impulsive?

Without thinking this through, I'm walking to school to face the consequences. Hyung will get so mad at me, he probably won't even forgive me.

But that's not the only thing that has been going through my thoughts. Today is the day where I get to see the two more lovey dovey.

Jimin and Yuna will finally be together.

But even with that approach, last night.. just thinking about it made it seem like a dream.

My face is flushing, and I can't help my racing heart to a stop.

-Flashback-

"What do you mean? Of course I'll never leave you." I reassured her as I turn around to face her, breaking the hug.

Gazing at her features, she was pale. Her eyes were red from crying, and her tears were left marked on her face. She was trembling to the point where it seemed that she couldn't stand on her ground.

Examining her, and with the knowledge of the events that happen before, I pick her up bridal style. Her breathing was irregular, and her legs were on the verge of collapsing.

I head back inside my room, placing her on the bed and sitting next to her. Supporting her, placing my arm around her shoulder and rubbing her arm, she leans her head against my chest.

"Breathe slowly." I told her gently, patting her back and caressing her hair.

As she slowly begins to have her breathing go back to normal, she wraps her arms around my waist, making me jump a bit.

"Jungkook." She whispers, the hoarseness in her voice could be heard.

I hummed softly in response.

"Could we stay like this? Until I fall asleep?"

It's only until she falls asleep, not the whole night. And we're doing this because she has a fear of thunder. No other intentions.

"If that's what'll make you feel better, then of course." I respond.

"But first.." I paused as I shifted to a position where I could gaze at her eyes. "We should lay down. If you sleep sitting up, your body could ache in certain areas."

She nods, shifting her body to lay on the bed, as I lie down next to her, pulling her into an embrace. In response, her arms wrap around my waist, as her breath hits my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

I pull the blanket over us, covering Yuna more, and caress her hair once more.

"Jungkook." She pauses as she snuggles against my chest. "Gomawo."

As she trails off, she began to go into deep slumber. The time I realized that she was asleep, was the time I realized.. how will I go back to sleep on the couch if her arms are wrapped firmly around me?

I decided to wait a bit longer. In doing so, I noticed Yuna's sleepy face and didn't notice that my eyes were beginning to droop themselves.

"Yuna.." I whisper as if she could hear me.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

-End of flashback-

Arriving at the classroom, I saw Jimin staring out to the window. Normally he would stare at the door, waiting for me, and with the way he's already acting, I know that something's going to happen.

I breathed deeply, trying to accept the consequences. It's now or later.

Walking to my seat and putting my backpack on my chair, Jimin's eyes land on me, as I begin to tense up.

"Jungkook.." I try to put my act together as I turn around and meet his eyes.

"Good morning." He smiles, as I give him a questioning look. "Wae, I can't say good morning to you? Do you think so low of me? Wahhhh.."

Something is definitely off. Is Jimin really not upset? Did he not go searching for Yuna yesterday? Was he actually planning on confessing today instead?

If they started dating, that'd mean that Jimin would've rubbed it in my face, bragging about how she's now his.

But he's not.

"You don't normally greet me like that." I sat down, trying to act how I usually act.

"Sorry little dude. Is this better?" I sent him a worried look mixed with a teasing glare as he chuckles.

Just when I think nothing happened, and just when I think I'm safe from any interrogations, he begins to speak.

"So.. how did the emergency go? Were you able to get there on time?" Jimin asks as I caught my own breath.

"..Yeah. I was." I answered as his lips formed a thin line.

"About yesterday.." I began to tense up, my palms becoming sweaty and my eyes blinking frequently. "I couldn't find Yuna yesterday, so I couldn't confess to her."

"Ah.. are you planning on confessing today then?" I tried directing the subject elsewhere.

"Hmm.. should I? I was really wanting to do it yesterday. Do you know where she was yesterday?" Jimin asks, his eyes seeking a specific answer.

With my heart racing, I didn't know whether I should tell him the truth, or if I should lie.

The truth is, I didn't want Jimin to confess to Yuna.

I realized that I didn't want to just hang out with Yuna one last time, I just.. didn't want her to be taken away from me. In other words.. I.. I like her.

But I just can't come out to tell him because he probably has liked her longer than I have, and has a better chance of winning her over.

I wanted Yuna, yet I wanted Jimin to have a chance with her.

My thoughts jumped back and forth between Yuna and Jimin. I didn't want to pick between them, but in the end, I indirectly did.

If I lied, my regrets would eat me alive. Hyung deserves much better.

Jimin.. I'm sorry.

"No, I don't know where she was." I finally spoke, immediately feeling the guilt rising through me.

"Ah.. is that so?" Jimin questioned.

I nodded my head in response as his face displayed a forlorn look.

He immediately changed his expression with a broken smile..

That I misread as a genuine one.