10

Jungkook's POV

"..What is it?" I asked, eyes widening when an idea came up to my head. "Is it that stalker from before? I'll go to you right now—"

"No! It's not that.." Yuna trails off, making me feel nervous.

"Do you know about.. you know.. my sick—" She sharply pauses, leaving me hanging. "My sick running skills? I mean man, I can run as fast as you, or you're just really slow!"

A sigh of relief went over my body.

"You had me worried there." I took a long breath before continuing, "I thought you were going to tell me you had a really fatal sickness. You had such a low-sounding tone.. it made me jump a little."

Yuna stopped answering, making me go worried.

"Yuna? Are you still there?"

"Y-Yeah! I kinda just blanked out for a bit."

"Aish.. jeongmal? Quit making me so worried. It makes me want to go to you."

"Then do it, Jungkookie." Yuna teases me as my cheeks lit up.

"You shouldn't invite a man into your house you know. Who knows what could happen?" I asked, when she went silent again for a few moments.

"You're blushing aren't you?" I bickered at her as I could imagine her flustered face.

"I am not! And plus, I'm not inviting a man, I'm inviting a child!"

"Are you implying that I'm a child?" I asked, causing her to giggle.

"I don't know, am I?" Yuna mimics my tone.

"I swear, I will go to your house and show you that I am not a child." I say firmly, until I realized how wrong that sounded, smacking myself on the face.

"..Well, I won't let you in my house then." She answered, letting about another sigh of relief that she didn't notice or say anything about it.

"Fair enough." I replied, immediately giving up.

"Can you sing for me so I can sleep?" She abruptly asks without hesitation.

"Why should I?"

"So I can sleep. Did you not hear me say that the first time?"

"Well I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"..Why can't you sing yourself to sleep?"

"Because I'll be fully awake if I do!"

"Have someone else do it!" I whine, trying my best to not have her hear my singing voice. I felt self-conscious about my singing voice because.. what if it doesn't live up to her expectations?

"Fine! I'll ask Jiminie then!" I nearly jumped from my skin, and rolled off the bed, causing a loud thump against the floor.

"W-Wait! I'll do it." I rub my back that was hurt from the impact of the fall.

"Sounds great, Jeon— Jungkookie! By the way, don't you dare end up on this call, or else I will get you back at school." She declares as I believed that was unfair.

"But you were going to hang up earlier!" I pointed out, as I was climbing myself back into bed.

"I didn't say I was going to hang up, I said that I was going to ask Jimin! It's not like you can't add Jimin to our call!" Yuna barked as I scratch my head.

"Well, if you're going to have Jimin do it, I'll leave the call now—"

"Andwae! You can't! You said you'd do it, so sing!" I sighed, wishing I didn't speak without thinking.