|| A New Defender || {EDITED}

A/n: Please notify me if this chapter is confusing to read in the beginning! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

"It appears that all of the planets we've engaged have been pacified, if not totally liberated," Coran informed the coalition. His eyes danced across the screen just as an alarm was triggered. He searched for the cause and found it. "Wait. There's another galra battle cruiser approaching Naxzela."

The Zaiforge cannon operated by the rebels destroyed an incoming cruiser. "Sector Zar Niomofor is clear," Matt informed Coran and the others after the spacecraft was annihilated. He peered out of the ship's window, seeing Arcadia flying around the space void of galra forces. In the distance loomed another battle cruiser, which was the one Coran spoke of. Matt returned his attention back to the console in front of him. "Let me see if I can get a line on that battle cruiser."

As the rebels attempted to take down the cruiser, the entire ship became lifeless. They looked around in confusion as they tried to power it back up.

Arcadia, who was now staring at the cruiser, heard the systems shut down through the comms with a giant 'whir.' She turned her head, eyeing the lifeless ship. "Matt, what happened?"

"The ship's completely unresponsive!" He yelled in worry.

The alchemist looked away, eyes returning to focus on the galra cruiser entering the planet's atmosphere. "I'll contact the Blade on Senfama." She already knew Keith was suspicious of what she was doing due to her first clone detonating in order to protect him and the other Marmora agents. "Zaiforge cannon Senfama, are you still operational?"

Keith didn't respond right away once hearing her voice, but the boy knew this wasn't the time for questions. "Negative."

"That incoming battle cruiser must have shut them down remotely," Coran said, his voice reaching both Arcadia and Keith.

"Sorry, Shiro," Keith apologizes. "That's it for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?"

"Shiro," Arcadia called out to the black paladin.

The black paladin knew exactly what she was planning on doing. "Do it, Arcadia. It'll buy us more time to secure Naxzela."

Keith wanted answers and accidentally shouted, "What is this plan you both have?! How is Arcadia with the rebels when she was with me a few minutes ago?!"

"Keith," another voice came over the comms. It was Kolivan. "Now is not the time. Proceed with your plan, Arcadia, Shiro." Keith listened to his superior and fell silent.

Arcadia was thankful for Kolivan's intervention. "Approaching cruiser now."

Meanwhile on Naxzela, the other paladins had failed in listening to the transmission due to the private channel Shiro was tapped into. He peered out the eyes of Voltron, watching the second clone of Arcadia hover beside them. "Let's wrap this up, team. We just need to take out the last of the heavy artillery." Just then, an image of the galra cruiser approaching appeared on his dashboard. The spacecraft was readying to fire at the mighty defender and the dragon. He wasn't sure how long it would take the other clone to reach the cruiser and shouted a command. "On our left! Shield up!"

Before the cruiser could fire, an object pierced its hull at incredible speeds. The streak of light impaled the ship and exited the other side just as the spacecraft exploded into a cloud of smoke and fire. The object vanished and Voltron lowered its shield.

"What was that?" Pidge asked.

"I don't know," Shiro lied. "Whatever it was saved us. Let's keep our focus on securing Naxzela."