|| The Belly of the Weblum || {EDITED}

"Wait," Keith stopped everyone before they began brainstorming plans to stop Zarkon. "There's something I need to tell you all."

Arcadia already knew what he was going to say. She stood next to him, taking his hand within hers and squeezing it gently. She offered him a reassuring smile, which brought warmth and comfort to him.

Keith inhaled deeply before exhaling. He decided to not beat around the bush and come straight out with what he learned. "So... I'm half galra."

Everyone—minus Arcadia, Shiro, and Kolivan—gasped at the revelation. Allura's expression immediately changed to one full of hatred. The others weren't as wounded by the information as the princess was.

"Whoa! Hold the phone!" Lance shouted, slicing through the thick cloud of silence in the room. "How long were you planning on keeping this from us?"

"Lance," Arcadia sighed, coming to her boyfriend's aid. "He only learned it an hour ago."

"Oh..."

Allura casted a glare in Keith's direction. "The galra have done horrible things."

Arcadia couldn't stand the princess' sudden change in demeanor toward Keith. She released his hand and stepped toward her best friend. "This must stop, Allura. I understand your hatred toward the galra, but you cannot define an entire race by the actions of individuals. The moment I landed on Altea, you didn't judge me for the actions of my people. You judged me for who I was, not by my race. What makes this situation with Keith any different?"

"Your people didn't destroy my home or countless of other civilizations!" Allura shouted in response.

"We destroyed our own home!" Arcadia yelled back. "If the core hadn't destabilized, my people would be the ones terrifying the universe alongside the galra! Your hatred has blinded you for too long! You're acting like a child, not a princess. If you let this go on, you'll lose even more than you already have."

Allura gritted her teeth before she snapped. "You know nothing of how I've suffered! You will never know how much I've lost because of the galra! You may have lost your home planet, but you still haven't lost as much as me! Your parents never even loved you!"

"Allura!" Pidge shouted in disbelief.

Arcadia's eyes widen at hearing the princess' words. She couldn't believe she struck a blow so low below the belt. She inhaled deeply to keep herself calm and hold the tears at bay. "I never expected you to be the one to use my past against me someday. Guess I was wrong."

The princess clenched her fists by her sides before storming out of the room. They all watched her leave, no one budging to chase after her.

Arcadia kept her back to the others, a few tears cascading down her cheeks. She wiped them away with the heel of her palm before pulling herself back together, but she still refused to face the other. "I'm sorry you all had to see that. It seems anger has gotten the best of me and Allura."

"Are you... okay?" Pidge asked. "I can't believe Allura said that."

"I can't believe it, either." Arcadia stared down at the floor, a few snowy strands falling over her shoulders. "Regardless, we need to figure out a plan to stop Zarkon. We'll fill Allura in later." She left the red lion's hangar and headed to the bridge.

Keith was the first to chase after her and managed to stop her before she reached the bridge. He wasn't sure how to express his feelings in words and opted to hug her instead. He held her tightly in his arms, his heartbeat racing due to how happy he was. Out of everything that's happened to him in the past year, she was the best out of all. Even after learning he's part galra, she accepted and stood up for him without questioning him.