|| The Blade of Marmora || {EDITED}

A/n: Anything in bold in this chapter is a nightmare. I'll indicate when the nightmare begins and ends with 5 stars(*****). I also want to apologize if it gets confusing when you reach the mindscape scene with Keith's father. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••••••

Before deciding to head to the Blade of Marmora's base, Shiro wanted the team to rest up and be prepared for what was coming their way next. With little to no sleep in the past couple of days, Keith retired to his room.

Inside his room, he sat on the edge of the bed and stared down at the blade his father gave him. "I'll finally get the answers I'm looking for." He sheathed the blade and laid down on the bed, not even bothering to climb under the sheets.

A few minutes of silence passed before Keith was able to find peace and close his eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

*****
The shrill cries of many were heard. Keith's eyes flew open and he quickly looked around. When he recognized the city, his violet eyes widened in bewilderment and he couldn't believe it. "Is this...?"

The boy found himself standing in the middle of Halivaara, Arcadia's hometown. He was utterly confused as to how he was on Draconia since it was already destroyed thousands of years ago.

Climbing to his feet, Keith felt the air of the city was full of static and clouded with smoke. Looking at his surroundings once again, he saw buildings were turned into piles of rubble while others were only standing with a few bricks remaining.

Another round of screams filled the air as Keith immediately turned around and saw a few draconians being struck down with a powerful lightning spell. Their cries filled the air before they fell to the ground, lifeless.

Keith immediately took a few steps back when the draconian who killed the group set his sights on him. Without hesitating, the boy took off in an attempt to find a place to hide.

As he ran, Keith knew exactly what was happening. "The civil war on Draconia. Why am I here?"

Continuing to run, Keith passed many dead alchemists. Blood painted the streets like an eerie canvas and the stench of burning flesh stained the air. While searching for a place to hide, he heard the sound of a child crying. He stopped and immediately searched for the wailing child. When he did, Keith's eyes widened.

A child with golden eyes and snowy hair was sprawled out on her knees, crying as she tried to wipe away the tears but it proved to be futile with the torrent of water streaming down her cheeks.

Keith stared at the child, easily being able to recognize her. "Arcadia..." If he remembered correctly, she was only eight at the time of the civil war on her home planet broke out.

The hooded draconian who'd been pursuing him managed to catch up, but his target changed when he spotted the young Arcadia crying in the middle of the street.

The boy noticed how the man's eyes shifted to the girl and he quickly sprung into action. With no weapon to fight against the alchemist, he set his sights on Arcadia. He ran to her and scooped her up into his arms before dashing down the street.

Keith kept running and running until he was exhausted. By the time he stopped, he reached the outskirts of Halivaara. He was able to escape the city without being hit by a single spell and drawing anymore unwanted attention. He walked into the forest for what felt like hours. He kept Arcadia cradled in his arms as he pushed through the foliage. Her crying stopped a little after exiting the city. A few whimpers escaped her here and there, but she was overall quiet now.