|| The Journey Within ||

*WILL BE EDITED LATER. EXCUSE ANY WEIRD/OUT-OF-PLACE WORDS, GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, AND SPELLING ERRORS*

A week after their encounter with the druid, the paladins were soaring through the empty void of space. While they are searching for a planet to restock their supplies, Arcadia was in the consciousness of the black lion. She was seated in the middle of Keith's bedroom with her legs crossed and the grimoire laying on her lap. Her body was hollow as her mind was inside the black lion, training with Master Proliux.

After he saw she mastered the element of darkness, he tested her on the elements she had mastered before moving on to earth, light, and ice. He shared with her various ice spells he learned that helped him master the element.

Over and over again, Arcadia casted spells to perfect them. Although it had only been a week since she started training with the grand master, she had learned many new spells but had yet to master another element.

Exhausted from today's training, Arcadia lowered her hands with a huff. "Even in this mindscape, it's easy to exhaust myself..."

Proliux nodded. "Indeed. The spells I have taught you so far are quite advance and require much mana. However, once you master these elements, the mana consumption will lessen and you will be able to cast them one after another without any repercussions. It is a good thing you mastered darkness already, or this training regiment would be extremely strenuous."

"Why's that?"

"Light and darkness are the two most difficult elements to master. If I were to train you in both elements, the training process would be much slower because of the immense level of stress it would put on your body. You would require more breaks between sessions."

"Regardless if I had mastered darkness or not, I really do appreciate you training me," she said with a grateful smile. "You could've said no, but you didn't."

"I know how much of a threat Zenio is to the universe," he confessed. "If given the chance, he would destroy planets and enslave other races just like the galra have. If left to his own vices for much longer, he would be the biggest threat to the universe. That is why I am willing to train the descendant of Aethios. He must be stopped and you are the only one who can end him. I also enjoy the company. I miss having Shiro to talk to."

The girl laughed. "I'll make sure to tell him just how much you miss him."

"Maybe you could bring him with you next time, or that leader of yours."

"I'll see what I can do."

"That is all for now. You are dismissed."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Arcadia returned to reality. The moment she was back in her body, she looked down on her back with a groan. "Maybe I should focus on one element for now instead of three..."

Grabbing the grimoire, she hopped to her feet and placed it on the bed. She left the room and headed to the cockpit. There, she found Kosmo sleeping on the floor. She walked up to the front of the cockpit and stood beside Keith. "Any luck finding another planet?"

"Not yet," Keith exhaustedly responded.

She looked at the black lion's sonars and examined them. She was shocked to see nothing was being detected. "Are we really this far our from any planet?" she muttered to herself.

She then heard Pidge's voice over the comms. "Allura, try the sonic wave."

"Okay, I'll try." Allura activated the blue lion's sonic wave detector. The lion illuminated for a few seconds before the light vanished. "It's still not working. And it probably won't work again until until our power cores are recharged."