|| Red Paladin || {EDITED}

A/n: I want to apologize for how crappy this chapter is. Maybe someone will enjoy it. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

"I wish Shiro were here to tell us how to go on without him," Lance said as he reclined against the sofa.

Keith stood far away from the others with crossed arms while leaning against the wall, watching Arcadia play with the mice. He remained silent as he listened to the others.

"Allura, when we came here, you told me I would fly the green lion and I thought there was no way. But then, I found it and I flew it. And then, Hunk flew the yellow lion, and he's not even a pilot. In fact, you told everyone who would pilot which lion," Pidge stated.

Hunk lifted his head up and glanced at the princess. "Yeah, how did you do that? Did we ever find out how you did that? Can you do that now?"

Allura shook her head with a frown. "Arcadia is the one who chose you all. Her connection to quintessence is strong, which allows her to communicate with the lions. That is how she was able to choose their paladins. When you arrived at the castle, I immediately recognized the special qualities in each of you that she saw. But I don't know how to search the entire universe for a new paladin without Arcadia's help. With her in such a defenseless state, this matter has become even more difficult."

"It might not be as difficult as you think, Princess." Coran looked toward the red paladin. "Keith, you piloted the black lion when you had to save Shiro. Perhaps you're the one."

"Keith would be the worst leader of Voltron," Lance remarks. Arcadia overhead the blue paladin and stormed over, ramming her body into the back of the boy's head. "Ow!" She latched onto his head and took a mouthful of his hair, tugging on it. He screamed as he tried to pry her jaw from around his brown locks. "Get her off! Get her off! Get her off! She's gonna make me bald!"

Pidge ran over to Lance and tugged Arcadia off Lance's head. She tore off some strands of hair, earning another painful scream from Lance. Pidge couldn't help but snicker before she cleared her throat. "We all have our thing. Keith's the loner. I'm the brain. Hunk's the nice one. Allura's the decision maker. Coran's the wise old guy. Arcadia's the cute but deadly one. And Lance is the goofball."

"Mm-hmm," Lance hummed in agreement. "Yeah, exactly. Totally right." Then, it finally registered in his mind what she called him. "Wait a minute.
I'm not a goofball! I'm like the cool ninja sharpshooter."

Keith scoffs at hearing the Cuban boy's response. "Are you joking?"

"I'm being completely serious when I say I do not want you to lead me anywhere," Lance snarled back, flying to his feet.

"I don't want to be the leader! That's just what Shiro wanted!" Keith yelled angrily. He realized what had slipped from his mouth and quickly looked away from the others.

"What are you talking about?" Hunk asked.

"Nothing."

"Shiro wanted you to be his successor, didn't he?" Pidge inquired.

"Well, I never heard Shiro say that, and how convenient that you're bringing it up now when Shiro is gone," Lance grimaced, eyes focused on Keith.

Keith meets Lance's grimace with a fierce glare. "You want the job so badly, you can have it."

"Now, now, hang on," Hunk said, stepping forward. "I've called the head from the very beginning."

"What about me? I picked up on the radio waves that led us to Voltron in the first place," Pidge stated.