|| Some Assembly Required || {EDITED}

***EDITED***

A/n: It takes me about an hour to edit each chapter, but I hope it's worth it. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••••••••
"Good morning, my lovely alteans!" Arcadia shouts cheerfully as she walked into the bridge.

Allura smiled at her best friend. "Good morning, Arcadia. How did you sleep?"

"I've got a small knot in my lower back, but besides that, I slept like a baby. How about you?"

"Well, Coran and I have been up for hours."

"Does the castle need to be repaired that badly?" The snowy-haired girl asked.

Allura nodded. "Sadly, yes. Our stay on Arus has been extended by a couple of more days."

"That's alright. This'll give the new paladins time to train," Arcadia reassures the princess.

Allura's eyes lit up. "You have given me the perfect idea! Coran!"

"Yes, princess?" The advisor responded.

"Let's test the alarms!"

"Whoa!" Arcadia stopped the altean from pressing the button. "Don't you think they deserve a little more sleep?"

Allura thought for a few seconds before answering. "No." She slams her hand on the button and the castle's alarms blare all around them. She then shouts over the loudspeakers. "Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now! Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

Coran walked over and took the device out out of Allura's hand. "You've got to sell it a little bit more."

"Oh, no..." Arcadia mutters.

Coran clears his throat and begins his performance. "Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?"

The door to the bridge opened and Arcadia saw everyone except Lance had arrived. She pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. Allura called out to her advisor. "Coran."

"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening."

Allura frowned. "It's over."

"Oh, I know! If only Voltron had been formed." The ginger-haired man realized the others were there and tossed the device aside. "Oh! Time!"

Shiro wasn't pleased at the princess' antics. "I guess this isn't an actual attack."

Allura's frown fell more. "And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?"

"Seventy-five degrees. Oh," the small device tings. "Sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer."

Allura sighed. "However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance?"

Speak of the blue paladin and he shall appear. Lance walked in with a yawn and a glass in his hand. "Good morning, everybody. What's going on?"

Arcadia saw his blue lion slippers and tilted her head in confusion as she muttered to herself. "Where did he get those?"

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed," Allura said.

"Hey! You got to sleep for ten thousand years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I-I don't know. What day is today?" Hunk wondered.