|| Eye of the Storm || {EDITED}

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura gasped, eyes wide as she stared at the emperor's ship and his fleet.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion," Keith muttered, glaring at the enormous ship.

"We need to wormhole, now!" The princess shouted. "Everyone to your stations. We've got to put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives."

The paladins reported to their stations at the princess' command as she stood in the center platform, taking control of the ship.

"That's sure a lot of fighters," Hunk stated nervously.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters?" Shiro asked, gaze focused on the enemies. "We can't have them following us through the wormhole."

"I can try." Allura activated the castle's boosters in a desperate attempt to escape Zarkon and his large fleet. Unfortunately, the fighters were able to keep up.

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire," Shiro said. The red and blue paladins activated the drones and began shooting down the fighters trailing after them. Soon, the two began to bicker.

"Oh, Arcadia!" Coran shouted over Keith and Lance. Said girl's ears perked up at hearing her name being called. "While you were on Olkarion, I finished a small surprise for you."

Her golden eyes widened in excitement. "What is it?"

Coran smirked as he twisted the end of his mustache, using his other hand to press a button. The floor underneath her opened and she fell through with a scream. The hidden passageway carried her all the way to the stern of the castleship, where she was deposited into a comfy chair with two handles located on a console in front of her. "What is this, Coran?"

Said altean's face appeared on the screen in front of her. "Welcome to the new alchemy cannon! I added the final touches a few vargas ago. Place your hands on the handles and let loose!"

"Um, okay." Nervously, she reached out and wrapped her hands around the handles. The screen lit up, revealing the entirety of the exterior of the castle. She could see all around and was able to see the fighters on their tail. She inhaled deeply, concentrating her mana into her palms. "Let's see what this can do."

Arcadia targeted a group of fighters and pushed the handles forward. She felt her mana course through the console and into the cannon. The second she pushed the handles forward, a powerful beam was shot from the cannon and obliterated the fleet of fighters. When she thought that was the end of the laser, she saw how it ricocheted outward into branches of lightning and took down even more fleets of fighters. She was amazed at how Coran created such a weapon. "Aethios, Coran! What is this mechanism?!"

"What?" He asked innocently, his face appearing on the screen. "I told you it was an alchemy cannon. It amplifies your magic and transforms it into a pure energy!"

In the background, she heard Shiro's voice. "Keep calling out those fighters, Pidge, and send their exact locations to Arcadia. Hunk, how are the defenses holding?"

"I don't know. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe? Everything's a blur. I've been up too long. I have tired eyes!" Hunk whined, his eyes drooping.

"Defenses are at twelve percent, Shiro. We can't keep this up much longer," Arcadia replied.

"Lower than I thought," the black paladin muttered. "I know we just came off an intense battle, but we've got to stay focused, just until we jump."

"And when is that? They're still too close! We need to gain more speed!" Coran wailed.

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura yelled. The castleship suddenly surged downward, sending everyone back into their seats from the powerful force.