|| New Recruit || {EDITED}

A/n: Another original chapter coming your way! Honestly, this chapter is just so I can add more Keith into this story between chapters where he isn't present and to hint at the hidden truth behind Draconia's civil war. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but Arcadia's appearance was inspired by Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Arcadia paced back and forth in front of Allura as she sat in the middle of the training deck. She tapped her chin with her index finger as she hummed in thought. "Now, where to begin..."

The princess watched her best friend walk in a straight line, wondering what she could teach her. She wanted to master altean alchemy and figured Arcadia could help her start somewhere. "Where do draconians start when they wish to begin alchemic training?"

The golden-eyed girl ceased pacing and looked down at Allura. "My people usually started with material alchemy. It was simple and allowed young alchemists to familiarize themselves with the elements and various ingredients. It was also a way to teach them how to harvest the elements without hurting themselves."

"I don't believe alteans had material alchemy," the princess said.

"There were draconians who were quite talented and were able to skip directly to elemental alchemy. I, however, was not one of them as you may know."

Allura began to giggle uncontrollably. "I remember the time you first learned an ice incantation and froze the kitchen. Every inch was covered in ice! The chefs were livid while you and I were happily skating on it."

Arcadia also began to laugh. "Remember that time I set fire to the garden?"

"Yes! The gardeners were fuming, but Father couldn't stop laughing!" Allura began laughing even harder, her sides aching. She wiped away a tear that had been forming in her eye. "You were quite a troublemaker in your younger years, Arcadia. Coran called you a handful and you shocked him for it!"

"I will admit, I was a handful." The draconian sat down in front of her best friend on her knees. "If I had been an altean, my alchemic adventures would've been easier. But with being a draconian and possessing draconic alchemy, I was all alone during the learning process. It was really messy there at the beginning."

"Oh, Arcadia," the princess sighed sorrowfully. "I wish there was a way I could've helped you when we were younger."

"I'm just happy you stuck with me through the hard parts. Even now, I still have to figure out all this alchemy on my own, but I have you and the others to support me. That's more than I could ask for," she smiled. That's when she remembered learning about the element of light. "Oh! I think I have a good place to start! Hold out your hands."

Allura did just that and watched in awe as Arcadia formed a sphere of light that fit perfectly in her palms. She then passed it to her. She blinked owlishly, perplexed at what she was supposed to do. "What am I to do, Arcadia?"

"Hold the sphere in your hands. Concentrate your own mana into it. Once you're able to sustain it, the sphere should come under your control."

The princess stared at the sphere. She then inhaled deeply and exhaled, concentrating her own magic on the sphere. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, feeling a tingling sensation course through her body. When she opened them, she gasped in shock when she saw the sphere was no longer gold but pure white. "It this...? Did I...?"

"Yes!" Arcadia cheered. "You did it, Allura!"

She was eager to learn more, smiling like a child in a candy shop. "What do I do now?"