12 • Ryūsei

Ryūsei, the small town in which you lived, was near a large lake. Around it, from north to east, there were miles of greenery, and from south to west, an impressive forest. A road, which passed between the city, was directly connected to others small towns in the surrounding area. Trade was not what was missing here. However, what was most interesting here was the wisteria plantation that surrounded the place completely. It was like an anti-demon barrier, so this place had nothing to fear the night.

As for your house, it was close the shores of the lake, outside the city. From here you could be quiet and no one would ask you questions if you went out or came home in the middle of the night.

When you moved here, some city dwellers were kind enough to welcome you and offer you a lot of food. Food you had in excess for someone who lived alone. Fruits, vegetables, conceivable dishes, cakes, biscuits... they had probably done a little too much.

Fortunately, you had a certain person who was delighted with all this, the Pillar Love, Kanroji Mitsuri.

Today, she had decided to visit to help you with any tasks since you hadn't been moving in for long. So her presence saved you because now you wouldn't have to waste food.

However, she wasn't the only one who decided to visit you.

A few hours later, the Snake Pillar broke into your home. Since you had decided not to answer his letters –to give him the position of the demon who had taught the Breath of Sand– he had to come in person. Even though you found it surprising that he would come directly to your house, it wasn't so surprising since the territory in which he lived was close to yours.

When you were named Sand Pillar, Oyakata-sama proposed that your territory be a mix of two others belonging to others of your comrades: Obanai and Kanroji. Moreover, it was precisely thanks to the presence of the Love Pillar that the personality of the Snake Pillar had softened. When he learned that she was there, his behaviour had changed completely.

A good thing for you.

Once the meal was over, some time before the night, you invited your guests to take a walk around your house.

To the left of the entrance was the kitchen, continuing straight, the dinnig room and –a few meter before entering, to the right, a bedroom. In the dinning room two of its doors give, for the one on the left, the living room and the one on the right, the first garden. If we continue towards the living room we come across the second garden, much larger –on the left. To its south was a bathroom that was a few meters from the toilet.

Then there were four rooms on the first floor: three bedrooms –of different sizes– and a bathroom.

Each room was decorated quite simply, there was the bare essentials. Two rooms were the exception: the living room where there was an altar as well as some decorative objects from your hometown, and your bedroom, where there were gifts offered by some of the Pillars and Oyakata-sama.

After completing the visit you went to the living room overlooking the garden. You had prepared tea made in Ryūsei for them as welle as pastries that were offered to you.

Say, you still haven't found a Tsuguko? You've been Pillar for a while now, though.

Tsuguko? Obanai repeated, arching his eyebrows. All the demon slayer I've met so far are just a bunch of lazy people. Lazy and weak. They're just weak, lazy people. The ranks are not what they used to be.

You hadn't been in the Demon Slayer Corps for several years, but you might have noticed that what Iguro said was not false. As sad as it is, you'd never really met demon slayers that caught your attention. People with abilities who were just waiting for a little help to flourish...