7 • Pillars

I'm not sure about what you said so can you repeat, [Your Name]-chan ?

You heard well, Nezuko-chan is my friend and you won't-

We know each other for years and you never called me your friend... she said with an amused voice. So that demon is your friend... really?

You looked right at her, analyzing every part of her. By doing it you were trying to predict what would be her next move.

You're quite interesting, [Your Name]-chan, let's talk about it later.

Shinobu dodged you and ran after Tanjirō. Tomioka-san stopped her before she can reach him. You sighed with relief as you saw the two running further in the forest.

However, things weren't going to end here...

Message! Message! Caw! Caw! We have a message! Restrain the ones named Tanjiro and Nezuko! Bring them to the head-quarters!

~•~•~•~

A few hours later, you arrived with the others at the Demon Slayer Corps Head Quarter. When you stepped on the garden you saw the others Pillars reuniting. From the look they had they already knew what you did at the Nagatumo Mountain. You walked near the engawa, avoiding their glares.

[Your Name], why did you took Tomioka's side?

The one who asked you that was Rengoku Kyōjurō, the Flame Pillar. He was now standing right next to you, looking at you.

It was my own decision... you said with a low voice.

That's a real problem then, he replied.

The Flame Pillar then patted your head gently. You didn't move an inch, still looking at the ground. You wanted to explain them your reason behind this choice but you knew that if you did... things were only getting worse.

A few moments later, Tanjiro woke up but you stayed silent. It's only when you saw the Wind Pillar, Shinazugawa Sanemi –or precisely what he had with him- that you decided to do something.

What are you doing? you said as he pointed his blade to the wooden box where Nezuko was. Don't do stup-

But he didn't listen to you -of course he wasn't going to do it. His blade pierced the wooden box, injuring the demon girl inside. You ran toward him but Tanjirō was fastest. He jumped to the Wind Pillar, head-butting him in the process.

The bickering between the two didn't stop here but with the announcement of Oyakata-sama arriving, all the Pillars bowed before him, ending the entire problem here and acting like nothing happened. You joined the line of the pillars, and you positioned between Kanroji and Rengoku -the ones you were the closest.

During the discussion you didn't try to interfere even once. You knew that you weren't in a good position for talking so it was better if you didn't say anything.
He had only had one moment when you wanted to intervene. It was when Iguro Obanai, the Snake Pillar was maintaining with more force than he should Tanjirō while Sanemi tried to tempt Nezuko by putting blood under her nose. However, Tomioka had preceded you.

After that you made yourself discreet, waiting for Oyakata-sama to talk about your case... something he didn't do until Tanjirō left.

~•~•~•~

The meeting then started. You didn't want to be here but Oyakata-sama orders you to stay. You weren't sure about what he wanted by doing so but the answer at this question didn't take long.

The first point of the meeting will be the introduction of the tenth Pillar, Oyakata-sama announced as he looked at you.

When you heard his words you were stunned. You didn't expect it -not at all.

Please, allow me to refuse this offer.

Not this time.

The Pillars looked at Oyakata-sama then you. It wasn't actually the first time that you refuse his offer. Before the last Pillar meeting -a few months ago- Oyakata-sama summoned you and it was at this time that he asked you to become a Pillar. It's true that you were strong but the problem wasn't about it. There was something that you hide from the others and only the head of the DS Corps knew your secret.

I'm sorry to contradict you but not fit for this role.

I don't think so, he said with a light smile. [Your Name], like you already know there are two ways to become a Pillar : killing more than fifty demons or killing a demon moon. And more than before, you fit the requirements... Isn't she the one who killed the demon moon, Giyū?

The Water Pillar looked at Oyakata-sama and nodded.

Then, is someone against it?

The Pillars stayed silent. Since you fought with most of them they already knew how you were in the battlefield. If it wasn't for the problems with the Kamado's, there was nothing wrong about you becoming the tenth Pillar, the Sand Pillar.

But, if they knew your secret, would they still accepted you ?

It was the only card you had to stop them.

You took a deep breath before you started talking. You were a little shaking since you were afraid of their reactions.

[Your Name]-chan?

Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Pillar, was the first to notice your state. You looked at her then you stood up.

Oyakata-sama, they need to know too.

Tell them, he nodded.

What should we know? Sanemi asked as he frowned.

You tried to calm down but you couldn't. Your heart was beating fast and you weren't sure if you were breathing or not. You were scared.

But even if you were scared it was time for you to be honest with them, to tell them your secret... from your own mouth.

... Like all of you I actually learned the breath I use with a teacher... but it was not a human.

... Didn't you learned it by yourself ?

Wait-... What are you implying ?

You weren't able to distinguish which one of the Pillars asked you these questions.

I'm known as the only Breath of Sand user but it's not true... the one who taught me it... was a demon.

⊱━━━.⋅°•.•°.•°•.⋅.━━━⊰

AN : Hi there ! I'm sorry if things are going fast but there wasn't that much difference between the manga and the FF so I didn't want to rewrite everything...

Next time we will see the reader's backstory !

Thank you for reading !