6 • Protecting Our Friends

You need to relax completely when you want to enter the silent room.

Calm down.

Don't breath so fast.

No.

Slowly.

Again.

These words of the one who taught you the breath of sand were resonating in your mind. You were so angry at the female demon from earlier that you weren't able to calm down. But it wasn't just about her, you were angry at yourself because you weren't able to save the demon slayers from dying.

You were strong.

Stronger than most of the demon slayers in the corps.

So.

Why was he dead?

Something was wrong with this logic.

And it bothers you.

~•~•~•~

Since you couldn't enter the silent room for now you decided to follow your instinct... and the noises from probably a fight, a few meter away from your position.

When you arrived there you found Inosukeand Tanjirō fighting against a demonphysically stronger than the two of them. You ran toward them and slashed oneof the demon arms.

 You ran toward them and slashed oneof the demon arms

The two boys looked at you with surprise. You didn't know it, but they had a lot of trouble to even scratch him. However, you didn't have time to ask them anything because for now you had to fight the demon right in front of you.

Watch out! Tanjirō yelled at Inosuke and you.

A few seconds later a tree fell to the monster of the night. You then ran as fast as possible toward him to slash his head. However since you were pretty far from him, the demon had time to counterattack. He grabs the tree trunk and used it to throw you away in the sky.

I'll be back soon! Don't be reckless!

Just as you were yelling it you saw Tanjirō flying on the other direction. Things were going to be bad for Inosuke if he had to fight alone...

You landed several meters away. You used your sword technique to amortize your fall. It seemed that there weren't any demons around you so you immediately started running back to Inosuke's position.

~•~•~•~

The demon threw you away at a great distance so it took you some time to come back. When you saw Inosuke he was getting chocked by the demon. You took a deep breath before you run even faster. However, before you could reach him, someone slashed the demons arms before you. You were only able to see his back but the patterns of his haori were familiar to you. Actually he was the only one from the people you knew to have a haori with two different patterns on it.