X

We left the hotel and got into a car. Instantly, Mitch said, "Hurley, what the fuck? I thought you were eyes on. Why didn't you spot 'em?"

"They were already in the damn hotel." Hurley answered. "Local mafia's working with 'em."

We pulled into a dark, secluded area. As Annika got out of the car, she said, "I'll tell Kennedy we have the physicist."

Mitch was livid, and I didn't blame him. Hurley opened the trunk as Mitch said, "What the hell just happened out there, huh? That's twice now this guy's blown up our entire op."

Hurley ripped the tape from the physicists mouth and asked, "What's the target? Huh? What's the target?"

"I don't remember." The physicist answered in a shaky voice.

"Yeah, you do. Huh?"

Hurley poured gasoline on the guy as Mitch said, "He's an American. He said your name. Did you train this guy?"

"Do you like to smoke?" Hurley asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, Jesus Christ!" Mitch groaned, stepping back.

I crossed my arms, trusting Hurley to get the information. Hurley held the cigarette near the physicist. "Are you a smoker?"

"I don't..."

"Wait. Bad habit."

The physicist shut his eyes. "Wait, stop! Wait, wait! I know something."

"What do you know?" Hurley asked.

"I know something. There is a man...There is a man they call Ghost. Ghost. I think it was an Iranian man said it."

"Uh-huh. Where are they building the bomb?"

"I just..."

"Where are they building it?" Hurley repeated.

"Took the money."

"Where are they building it? Alright, here." He placed the cigarette in the physicist's mouth. "Take some time to think about it." He closed the trunk.

"Ghost. Is that his name?" Mitch questioned. "Why is this guy after you? Something personal, sir?"

"They're building a nuke." Hurley said.

I uncrossed my arms and walked up to them. "At the Hotel Navona. Hurley?"

Hurley gave Mitch the keys and looked to both of us. "Cleans yourselves up."

We faintly heard the physicist say from the trunk, "Wait. Don't go."