18.3 Capital

"So?" Huginn asked.

Muninn blinked. She slowly picked herself off the floor. Everything felt fuzzy. "So what?" she yawned, bleary.

"Did you dream us a way in?" he said, smugly.

She glared at him. "No."

He rolled his eyes. "Great. You're useless."

"But I do have an idea. We just have to get inside," she said, slowly. She looked up at the castle, then down at Huginn. "I think we can clear those carts and walk in the front door."

"Are we going to rely on your coat?"

Muninn peered around the corner. A thick scent immediately assaulted her nostrils. She smiled. "Not just my coat," she said.

Huginn followed her gaze. "Oh no," he said. He dropped out of the coat and backed away. "Hell no."

She grinned wider and jogged over. The scent was truly terrible from just over it. Flies buzzed, dancing here and there. Muninn thrust her hands into the pile, irritating the flies into a cloud. "Still warm."

"You are not going to smear that on me. I refuse."

"C'mere, Huginn, don't be a baby," Muninn said. She stood up, hands full of the stuff.

"Absolutely not. I won't." Huginn backed further away. Muninn started toward him. He held up a hand. "One more step, and I scream. I swear, I will summon every demon in this damn city if you—"

Grinning madly, Muninn lunged at him.

"Muninn!"

A/N: Sorry for the super short chapter, folks! Realized there wasn't 1k worth of words left in this part. Hopefully we'll be up with the next part soon.

I'm starting a tumblr for my writing! Link is on my profile. Anyone have any advice? Anything they want to see me post? XD I'm gonna try and update that once a week as well, but we'll see how that works out.