Arc 2- Chapter 8

[A/N]: Imma edit this later :3

///

Ajeel Raml

The roaring of the engines filled the air like thunder, and the rapid rotating of the propellers on the airship sent volleys of gales around the ship, whipping through his sandy hair and slapping his face enough for him to squint. After six hours of flying, Magnolia was finally within his line of sight, and sitting conveniently close to the coast side was the guild hall of Fairy Tail itself. It was bigger than he expected, probably around the same size as a cathedral with a curved, brick roof, yellow and magenta wood boards supporting the outer wall, and the blue flag billowing from the top with the insignia of the guild imprinted in black: a strangely shaped Fairy that initially had him confused for a helmet.

Ajeel snickered. Three hundred airships against this tiny guild? With a little more than maybe two hundred members? If he knew how easy this was going to be, he would have told His Majesty to send him in alone to take Fairy Heart. This entire war was more than likely just the Emperor being overly extra, as always.

"I wouldn't underestimate Fairy Tail if I were you, Ajeel," Natsu had told him carefully before his departure. "They may not seem like a lot but they're tough as nails. You better take this seriously."

Tch, if the pink haired bastard was so worried, he should have taken Fairy Heart while he was there. Ajeel loves the guy and all, but he really doesn't think that far ahead, does he?

"General Ajeel, all the airships are in position. We are prepared to fire per your command," one of his two highest ranking commanders, Bakel, reported.

Ajeel's lips curled into a sneer. "Good, good. Is Wall in position?" he asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Alright. Order fleets 3-K and 2-L to fire full power at the city and the hall, but be careful to avoid destroying the entire coast side. We need Fairy Heart intact," Ajeel commanded and Bakel along with Kareem, the other highest ranking commander, saluted before rushing away. Ajeel kept his eyes glued on the city, making note of any weaknesses he could see. Strange, wouldn't someone come outside to see what all the noise was about? Three hundred airships isn't exactly hard to miss or easy to ignore. Did they know they were coming? What were they planning?

Natsu probably blabbered off and told them we were coming. The idiot, Ajeel thought sourly. Whatever. Regardless of whether they know we're coming or not, it doesn't change the fact that we outnumber them ten-to-one. Strength doesn't matter when it comes down to numbers.

If growing up in the desert regions of Alvarez taught him anything, it was that you gotta destroy the nests along with the wasps.

"All cannons are in position!" Kareem reported.

"Fire!" Ajeel commanded.

Fleets 3-K and 2-L fired off simultaneously, and six giant streams of pure energy shot from the canons towards the guild hall. Instead of it exploding in a fiery heap like he expected, the beams struck some sorts of force field and dissipated. Looks like Natsu was telling the truth after all: someone inside Fairy Tail was a powerful rune mage, but for them to have enough power to block off all six attacks at once? Maybe things are gonna be more interesting than he initially thought.

Luckily for him, he had a feeling something like this was going to happen: "Sector Alpha and Beta-2! Fire full power at the shield! Beta-1, go around the city to the North! Beta-2, go to the South! Find a weak spot and destroy it! Sector Omega, descend to the sides and help Wall break down that goddamn barrier!" Ajeel ordered. The entire armada broke off as the three sectors began to divide and head in their own directions. Ajeel's hands gripped the railing of his ship with enough force splinters stabbed into his hands.