Arc 1- Chapter 6

[A/N]: Holy shit this chapter is +5.8K words. OW! But damn am I happy with the way it's turning out! A lot of shit is going down these next few chapters, guys, and here's a sneak peak: His name has only been mentioned so far, but a familiar face will be reappearing soon~

Enjoy the chapter! Things are going to get a lot more heated from here on! <3

///

Lucy Heartfilia

The flight to Sabertooth was a lot longer than Lucy had anticipated, and once they finally landed in the city, Lucy had to carry poor Happy around in her arms. She definitely had to take the little guy out for sushi later on; he didn't need to fly for miles without rest.

The Sabertooth guild hall was easy to spy with the massive sabretooth tiger on top of the building, its stony face wrinkled into a snarl and posture intense. It seemed like just yesterday Fairy Tail fought against this guild in the Grand Magic Games as the worst of enemies, but now here they are, friends no matter what. Lucy couldn't remember if any of her notes said anything about anyone from Fairy Tail joining Sabertooth, though she guessed she wouldn't be all that surprised if she spotted a familiar face or two while she was there.

I wonder how Yukino's doing...

No, Lucy, focus, Lucy told herself as she approached the guild hall doors. You're here for Sting and Rogue to find Gray. Not here to play catch-up.

Lucy sighed. This was going to be a real pain in the ass.

Lucy pushed open the guild doors and all eyes went to her. For a moment, Lucy deflated under the attention, but at the sight of a familiar pair of brown eyes, Lucy's confidence boosted right back up. "Yukino!" Lucy greeted and rushed over to the celestial mage. Yukino blinked in surprise and her expression quickly lifted into a smile.

"Lucy!" Yukino cheered and the two hugged each other tightly. "It's been so long! How've you been?"

"I've been doing alright. I got sick of being a reporter and now I'm traveling around looking for the others," Lucy said with a wink, and Yukino let out an excited gasp.

"No way! You're reviving Fairy Tail?" she squealed.

"Yeah! Oh, have you seen where Sting and Rogue went?" Lucy asked.

Yukino's smile fell slightly. "I'm afraid you came at a bad time, Lucy," she said. "They just left for a mission."

"Really? Not even Sting is here?"

Yukino shook her head. "Apparently it was a mission sent by the Council itself. I'm in charge until both he and Rogue come back," she said. "Why?"

"Gray's gone missing and I need their help in tracking him down."

"Oh. Well, they left about an hour ago. If you hurry, you should be able to catch them before they get to Mikage Forest."

Lucy frowned. "Wait, isn't Mikage Forest about an hour from here?" she asked, and Yukino giggled.

"By train, sure, but those two are dragon slayers. I don't think catching up would be a problem for you."

Lucy couldn't help but smile. "True that. Well, it was great seeing you, Yukino. I'll see you soon!" Lucy said and ran right for the door. Yukino waved after her.

"Bye, Lucy!"

///

Sting and Rogue were surprisingly easy to find, although Happy nearly flew past them the first time around. Sting and Rogue were standing outside of a sweet shop with three empty boxes of sweets, arguing at the top of their lungs about something or other. Lucy and Happy landed across the street from them, though neither of the slayers seemed to notice her. Lector and Frosche were standing by awkwardly, nibbling on their own treats while completely ignoring their friends' argument.