Chapter 48

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I would be lying if I say I was feeling well. It has been a month working here in the labs, sweeping the floor and carrying delivery boxes from one room to another...

At first it had been the reception area only, but when Thomas had came to visit me, he decided I was better working further inside the facility.

Obviously Taehyung and Taemin had met with Thomas to make him understand they were uncomfortable by my involvement, but Thomas had shut them up, saying the pay was better anyway.

The thought did pass me whether we should do our job faster, but even the revolutionaries were having a hard time getting inside the enemy base, like the security was unusually tight at the right points.

Though we were succeeding in many direction, like influencing people.

Just yesterday Taehyung had refused an officer when the man had asked to bed him, no ordered to do it with him. It was hilarious and at the same time troubling. Even if a beta, Taehyung was in a sense more beautiful than most omegas, even alphas. So naturally he was at the center of attention most of the time.

Taehyung  told me how he tried to get away from the guard, and almost made it out safely when the guard stepped in to pursue him physically. And that is when the miracle happened, the same old man, whose daughter I had protected came up out of nowhere and asked the guard to back down, since Tae hyung was already mated to me.

That spurred on more people who had been watching from a distance, they all united together to fend off the official, and it worked, the officer simply grunted and left.

Even now I was sure the official must be trying to set up the revolting people into some deep mess, but I do not think it was worth any consideration from the higher ups, since the official did ask an already mated man to bed him.

Whatever maybe the case, I was relieved. People in the facility didn't harass me or abuse me, nor did any official, even the people from this town did not touch me or drag me down, they were all actually starting to warm up to me, not the messengers and the officials, but the townsfolk.

My main problem but, was my heat and the tiring body.

My heat hadn't come yet, so I was worried about it, the mission didn't had to go this long, but it was taking its time to get completed, so I was mindful of the consequences.

The tiring body was obviously because Jimin wasn't here with me, and he did not part his energy to me this whole time. So until and unless I broke through the mission or failed it, I was stuck here, working in the experimentorium. 

And being blind was worse than I had imagined, since making out things with a blindfold was difficult.

So I couldn't even do the research on my own.

I missed Jimin, a lot actually, since I constantly thought about him now, but I did shake out of it when at work, I didn't want to be that defenseless around strangers.

I sighed, sweeping the far end of the extended hallway like I usually did. I couldn't enter the rooms here, it was restricted but I did know the pass code of each room, I had once heard an official mutter it out to his intern, which he thought was unheard since I was hiding away behind a wall at that time.

It was now, in the current silence that I heard some very loud whining, muffled by the walls and doors, but it was there.

I had never heard it before around here, but I could right now, and strangely, the number of guards in the nearby locality were reduced to null. Where were the guards? They rarely ever left their post. Something seemed wrong today.