Chapter 6- The Judgment

Start from the beginning

" The Council has taken a decision not on behalf on anyone, Prince Zach. And as a matter of fact we normally favour biased men like Lord Ivan.", The Keeper glared angrily at the younger prince as it earned some laughter from the last rows as Ivan's face dropped. " Now if I may, must ask the Prince what does he plead?"

" Guilty."

Shocked faces snapped to Adrian's as everyone stared at him. They all had expected him to cry or beg or retaliate with some abuse or crude remarks. Zach's eyes were wide as saucers and Daniel had already seen it coming. Even Ivan looked a bit surprised but amused and satisfied nevertheless. He had never thought Adrian would give in so easily.

" It was my fault that I could not stop my brother for something so regretful. It is one of my biggest failures and I accept it from the core of my heart. So I won't mind any punishment the Council has decided rightfully.", he said with a smile.

It took everything in Daniel to not go and embrace his son close to his heart.

" I am so proud of you, son .",The Keeper returned the smile. " As for the respect you have for our law. You have proved once again that you're a worthy Marsden. I pray to the lord to protect you from pride and ignorance."

" Thank you.",Adrian mumbled visibly uncomfortable. But something in him stirred when he glanced at the Findaras staring at him with a new emotion;

Respect

Something that he never received before.

" You accepted the law wholeheartedly without looking for a reason to defend yourself.",The Keeper's eyes were shining. " And so I'll be fair to you too. I fear I cannot give you much of a big punishment."

" Before you give me that.",Adrian interrupted him. " I have a condition."

The Keeper frowned.

" I am ready to take a death sentence too only if .",Adrian paused looking at everyone's puzzled faces. " ..if you allow me to take Miss.Davis back to the human world."

" I am sorry to disappoint you but my decision remains permanent on that.",The Keeper's face fell.

" Most Noble one, forgive me. But you're being unfair to her.",Adrian said honestly.

" We are only keeping our secret safe.", the wise vampire's pale face was stotic.

" At the cost of someone's entire life ? You are snatching everything from her..her dreams,,her family..her independence ."Adrian cried.

" And why do you care so much what happens to her?",Ivan said blatantly. " She'll live a better life in luxury than her stupid human world."

" I don't owe you an explanation.", his nephew rolled his eyes but Zach looked at him warningly.

Don't fall for a human girl.

Adrian sent a glare his best friend's way.

" I as the King and Protector of the Noble land in North.",Daniel suddenly said in an authorative tone. " annouce that there is going to be a second trial for Lady Melissa as per my wife her royal highness, Queen Aura's orders. Based on it the Council will decide the lady's fate rewarding her proper justice."

Adrian stared at his father gratefully as he nodded back at him in reassurance.

" But your highness, the king isn't supposed to intervene the working of the Council.",the Elders said clearly unhappy with it and Ivan was practically seething.

" He can if it seems right to him.", The Keeper bowed his head respectfully. " Prince Adrian, are ready to hear out your punishment ?"

" I am noble one.",Adrian said. He had no regrets. His parents would support him . It meant a lot for him to hear it from his father, the man he loved and respected more than anyone else. His father was his idol. Melissa would get what she deserved too, won't she? Of course his mother would do everything to make sure of it .

" You're banished for one year.,",The Keeper annouced." In this time period you are not allowed to enter the province. Keeping contact or visiting anyone from our world is banned during your punishment. If you do that person as well as you , yourself are going to be banished for the rest of your lives. You can go to the human world but don't risk getting yourself exposed. Stay away and hidden from them.Do you understand?."

" Yes, I do.",Adrian replied thinking he was expecting worse.

"And like I am very particular about safeguarding our secret.",he added. "I will take away your bloodlust for a year to stop unnecessary chaos like this. You will have no access to your powers either during your punishment.."

One year without access to powers wasn't that bad of an idea.But his mind was filled with sorrow as he remembered he won't see his family in a while. While he consoled himself repeatedly by telling his mind over and over again it was just a year that he would meet everyone again after it he did not know

How wrong his judgement was...

.

So I know this is short but guys you have to appreciate me ,updating frequently 😂😂 which is usually a rare occasion . This is basically the part which describes what happens after the last chapter. Because I am tired of this trial drama and honestly I want to get started on ALissa and....oops too many spoilers 😈 ! That's it, bye for now, gotta study.

With love,

Olivia ❤️

Xavier1104

MadhuriNath