A Big Question

Ed thought it would be a good idea for Nathan to stay with us at my house. Nathan drove us home and I got the guest room ready for him. He called his dad to tell him where he was.

"My dad is too busy to really care what I do. I could kill the president and my dad wouldn't care." He said. "Wow! You wouldn't actually murder the president right?" I asked. We laughed.

I put Marie and Luciana to bed.

When I put Marie to bed she said, "Nathans a nice guy you two should be together."

I blushed. "It's not as easy as that.  

After I put the girls to bed I went into the living room and sat down to watch TV. Nathan came in a minute later and sat down beside me. We sat there watching TV then the TV and all the lights turned off. It was pitch black. I felt a little awkward cause it was dark and we were sitting by each other on the couch.

"What happened?" I heard Nathan ask. "The power goes out every once in a while. It will come on eventually." I answered. " I can't see you." He said.

I felt his hand over my face and I laughed.

"Is that you Maggie?" he asked still with his hand over my face. "Yes," I laughed pushing his hand away. He had both hands outstretched trying to find where I was. I had stood up and walked over to the other side of the room. I laughed and he walked towards me. We continued like that. I would move, he would try to figure out where I was, I would laugh and he would try to get me. He eventually grabbed me from behind and lifted me off the ground. Then the lights turned on. He put me down and we laughed a little more. We sat back down on the couch and turned the TV on again. The episode we had been watching had just finished when Nathan turned off the TV.

"I have something I want to ask you." He said. I turned to him. "What is it?" I asked. He took a deep breath and pulled a case out of his pocket. "Maggie. I really like you, I always have." He took a pause and slowly opened the case. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

Inside the case was the necklace that Doctor E. had given me but it no longer had the bomb or tracker. I gasped. I could not believe this was happening.

"Nathan I like you too and I would love to be your girlfriend," I said.

He seemed very surprised that I had said yes. I turned around so that he could put the necklace on me. It was very beautiful. I turned around and gave Nathan a big hug and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and I laughed.

"Well it's late we should go to bed," I said looking at the clock that now read 10 pm.

He stood up and began to walk to the guest room.

"Goodnight Nathan," I said before walking up to my bedroom. "Goodnight Maggie." He answered.