The Best

I breathed deeply and prepared for the back flip that would end my routine. I did a perfect back flip off the balance beam landing perfectly on the mat. "Amazing! That was the most amazing routine I have ever seen!" Of course it was, I thought, smiling to myself. I saw a girl staring at me with a scowl on her face, but I shrugged it off. I packed my gym bag and left the gym. I walked through the empty school halls passing long lines of lockers. I am hereby the best gymnast in the whole state. Why? Because I have a secret, but I can't tell you right now.

"Hey you! I need to talk to you!" I stopped abruptly and sighed. I turned around to see Angela, the girl who thinks she's the queen, walking toward me.

"Hey Angela, what did I do now?"

She looked at me with her devilish eyes. "You know what, you show off! You can't steal my fame, I still have my crowd." I heard many footsteps in the distance.

"Yeah, well, here comes my crowd, so, I got to go." I announced. I started walking away. She yelled at me but I ignored her and kept walking.

I walked out of school and got in the back of a small green car that was waiting on the curb. I started to remove my uniform revealing a suit underneath. I stuffed my clothes in a bag and threw them in the way back of the car. Then I crawled to the front seat.

"What took you so long? Oh and do you always wear your suit under your uniform?" I laughed. That's my best friend and spy partner.

"It makes it easier. Besides I don't want people seeing my lame uniform," I said looking back with a frown on my face.

"Girls are so weird. I don't care if people see my uniform," Nathan said looking down at his clothes. He happened to be still wearing his uniform from school.

"I never said your uniform was lame," I said looking at him. He looked proud and I rolled my eyes. We both laughed.

"Ok let's practice," he said pulling a gun from under the seat. I groaned. "Talk or die," he demanded pointing the gun at my head. He always tried to give me practice for our next mission but he was pretty horrible at it. I always went along with it as to not hurt his feelings. Today I did not want to cooperate.

"My name is Maggie. I talked, so put the BB gun away," I said, annoyed.

"How did you know?" Nathan asked hurt. He threw it in the back and kept driving.