Sherlock (Daughter Part 2)

You were on the phone, texting back and forth with Kevin.

Kevin was ready to meet your dad.

He said it was no problem.

You sat in front of your dad.

“Now, dad. You know to act normal right? No deducing or scaring him?” you questioned.

“Yes, I know. I have to abide by your rules,” he sighed.

There was a knock on the door.

You smoothed your clothes as you stood.

You smiled and opened the door.

Kevin entered and handed you flowers, kissing your cheek.

You took his hand and brought him to Sherlock.

Sherlock looked at him up and down.

He puffed out his cheeks.

You could tell he was trying to hold in his thoughts.

Kevin held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you, sir,” he smiled.

Sherlock opened his mouth.

“Uh oh,” you muttered.

“I can tell you only have one thing on your mind. Laying my daughter. There are breath mints and condoms in your pocket. You were going to take her to a date movie first and then dinner. And for dessert, you would take her to your house. I don’t like you,” Sherlock blurted out.

Kevin let go of your hand and blushed furiously.

“I just, uh, remembered that I have to do something. I, uh, will see you in school,” Kevin stammered, patting your shoulder and leaving.

Tears built in your eyes as you heard the door close.

You turned to Sherlock.

“I just wanted a normal date. I just wanted to feel normal. I just wanted to be loved. Just for one night. Just once,” You shouted at your dad, tears falling.

Sherlock looked shocked.

“This is why I get in fights. I have to defend your behavior. Tonight didn’t help!” you continued.

“Go to your room and stay there until I see fit for you to come out,” Sherlock hissed.

“Gladly!” you spat, running to your room.

You flopped onto the bed, sobbing harshly.

After an hour, you had settled down.

You hated feeling like a freak.

You knew your dad quite enjoyed it, but you just wanted to be normal. That would never happen now.

The door creaked open and you felt someone sit next to you.

“I was just trying to protect you,” Sherlock whispered.

“So was I,” you whispered back.

“You shouldn’t have to protect me. I’m the father and your the child. I protect you. That’s how it works,” Sherlock said.

You sat up and looked your dad in the eyes.

“We protect each other. You and me, we’re all we’ve got. We protect each other, always,” you told him.

“I’m sorry I messed tonight up for you,” Sherlock said, guilt filling his eyes.

“It’s okay, dad,” you sighed, “I guess I’m just not meant to be normal.”

Your dad frowned.

“What’s the fun in being normal?”