Flynn Rider (New Life)

You were a thief in the kingdom. You had watched for so long as people acted happy. You could see behind the smiles that their inner peace was disgruntled. You watched the rich walk the streets pointing their noses down at the poor.

You had once been one of those people who had been looked down upon. It hurt you and you felt embarrassed. You used to live with a bunch of orphaned kids. When your brother stole food because you were starving, he was immediately jailed. That made you angry. And worst off, they never allowed your brother visitation.

You vowed that day to help others survive. No matter what the costs. You became a thief that day. And you had been ever since. No one could stop you or catch you. Many tried. Even the guards and the strange horse Magnus. You were unstoppable.

One day, you put on your cloak to mask your face. You had your bow at your side and your arrows inside a quiver, hanging from your back. You were looking for someone to steal something for. You did this everyday. And if you missed a day, you made up for it by doubling the deed the next day.

You heard bushes moving behind you. You paused and looked around. You saw nothing. You continued to walk, weary of your surroundings. You heard footsteps, so you sneakily loaded an arrow. You turned sharply and aimed your bow at the figure behind you.

You hadn't seen him before. He was kind of handsome and had this bad boy charm that intrigued you. But you shook it off and wore a cold glare.

"Who are you?" You demanded.

"The name's Flynn Rider," he responded, "And you're Y/N Y/L/N."

"So you've seen the posters," you said, not lowering your bow.

Flynn seemed so... familiar. But you didn't know how.

"Well, that and we grew up together," Flynn told you.

"Liar," you hissed, "I would remember a Flynn Rider."

"No, you wouldn't. Because it's an alias. My real name is Eugene Fitzherbert," Flynn said.

"Eugene," you whispered, remembering.

Eugene would read to you and the other kids each night. The tales of a rich character. Flynn Rider. That must have been where he had gotten the name from. You hadn't seen him since your brother got arrested. You still didn't falter your attack stance.

"You remember, don't you, Y/N?" Flynn asked.

You nodded.

"So you're a thief like me, huh?" Flynn chuckled, "What persuaded you to follow in my footsteps?"

You rolled your eyes. He was still as arrogant as you remembered.

"I am nothing like you. I have morals and i am humble. I may be wanted, but it's worth it to help others," you stated.

Flynn walked closer and pushed your hands down.

"Put down the bow, Y/N. Let's have a decent conversation," Flynn whispered.

"Like i'd want to have a conversation with you," you said in a disgusted tone.

"Don't be that way," he said.

You sighed and put away your bow and arrow.

"Speak," you ordered.

"What are you doing this for?" Flynn asked, "Stealing."

"Since my brother got arrested trying to help me, i'm returning the favor. But to more than just one person. It's called generosity," you replied.

"What if i told you i could get you away from this kingdom? Away from this life? And we could have it made and be together?" Flynn questioned.

"Why would i do that? Why would i leave? Why would i want a life with you?" You scoffed.

You had closed off your heart and you didn't plan on letting anyone in anytime soon.

"Because your brother was released a long time ago. The day after he got arrested, in fact. And he left. I'm also willing to bet that he is perfectly happy while you're living as a fugitive," Flynn sighed.

"Your lying," you said softly.

"I'm not," he responded.

You were hurt. None of it had been true.

"But look at all the good you've done. Now i think it's time to take a break," Flynn reasoned.

"You didn't answer my last question. Why would i want a life with you?" You repeated.

"Because i've loved you since we were kids and i never got you out of my mind. Then i saw your poster and i just... I had to find you," he said, looking in your eyes.

His eyes were filled with honesty and hope. He was telling the truth. You were taken aback and didn't know how to respond. You didn't need to. Flynn pressed his lips to yours and gave you a grin.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it is yours. If it doesn't it was never meant to be," Flynn quoted, "You came back. And you're mine."

You smiled.

"I guess i am," you said to him.

"Ready to start that new life?" He asked you.

You nodded and he lifted you up bridal style. You were about to go down a path of a happy life. Something you never thought would happen.