Gabriel (Looney)

You were no angel, but you didn’t believe yourself to be a bad person either. You didn’t quite know how to explain your job, but if you had to, you would say you were a doctor in the mental hospital. And part of it was true. But the other part was that you diagnosed them and were charged with delving into the patient’s life to find out why they were the way they were.

Tonight, a new patient had been admitted and you were going to see him. You entered his room and sat in a chair next to his bed. You opened your notepad as he flipped over to look at you. He was sucking on a lollipop with a grin on his face. He was kind of cute, but you reminded yourself that he was a patient.

“Hello, Mr. Gabriel,” you greeted, “I’m Dr. Y/L/N.”

“Hey there, Doc,” he replied, “Call me Gabe.”

“What seems to be the problem, Gabe? Why’d you check yourself in?” you asked.

“I was seeing things. Dead bodies. Of angels. It looked like they had fallen,” he said, looking sad.

Gabe stared up at the ceiling, as if lost in his own thoughts. You felt bad for the man. He soon snapped out of it and the smile returned to his face.

“What do you think, Doc?” Gabe asked, “Am i a looney?”

“This is not a joking matter,” you snapped.

You hated the word “Looney”. It was insulting and rude, not to mention incorrect. You believed that only ignorant people used it. Gabe looked startled.

“Geez, sorry, Doc. Just trying to lighten the mood. You seem a bit tired,” he commented.

“I am, but you’re more important,” you sighed, “So tell me about your family.”

“I have two older brothers and one younger one. And they always fight. Especially Michael and Lucifer, the two oldest. Castiel, the youngest, was always forgotten, so i used to take care of him. Our dad was a very busy guy. I guess that that is how i got my sense of humor. Because of the stress and all,” Gabe began, “And i spent my life cleaning up their messes and caring for Castiel. Now Michael and Lucifer are locked up and my dad is gone and poor Castiel is lost.”

Gabriel hung his head, as if he felt somewhat responsible.

“I think that’s the problem, Gabe,” you said softly, “You’re taking the blame for everything and the guilt is causing you stress which is making you see things.”

“Well, Doc, that’d be a good diagnosis if what i saw wasn’t real,” he replied.

“It’s not, Gabe,” you said.

“I’m an angel. So are my brothers. The bodies are those of my brothers and sisters that fell because of this douche Metatron,” he insisted.

This went deeper than you thought.

“Gabe, settle down,” you asked.

Gabe was pacing the room with such fierceness, you were getting uncomfortable.

“I’ll prove it to you,” Gabe said, snapping.

All of a sudden, his clothes had been changed and he was grinning from ear to ear. He took your hand and pulled you out of your seat. He snapped again and the room suddenly began to look like a taco bell. Even the people looked real.

“No, no. This isn’t real,” you repeated to yourself.

“But it is, Y/N,” Gabe whined.

He pushed your hand out to poke a person’s shoulder, which was very solid. It was very real. And you were scared.

“Oh God,” you said.

“That’s my dad,” Gabe chuckled.

He was the one and only angel Gabriel. And his brothers were the Michael and Lucifer. You didn’t know any Castiel, but you were still in shock.

Gabe snapped and you were in a hotel room that looked like a scene from a spanish soap opera.

“This is my favorite room. And pretty soon, i’m sure it will be yours, too,” Gabe said, kissing you.

He had a sweet scent about him that drew you in.

“What do you say, Doc?” Gabe smirked.

“I have to be back by 8am,” you responded breathlessly.

“That’s all i need,” Gabe said.

You weren’t sure you’d doubt anyone again.