Merlin (Ancestor)

You were in your apartment, cooking some dinner for yourself.

You heard a thud in the living room and went to investigate. A boy was standing in the middle of your living room. He looked as if he came from a Middle Ages convention.

You ran back to your kitchen and retrieved a knife. You returned to the living room and raised the weapon defensively.

“Who are you and how did you get here?” you asked.

“I’m Merlin. And where exactly am I?” he responded.

“My apartment, that’s where!” you replied, “So get out before I call the police!”

“What year is it?” he asked.

“Are you- Are you high?” you replied.

“Please,” he begged.

“2014,” you answered.

“Is Arthur Pendragon here?” he asked, with a hope in his eyes.

“No. I’m Y/N Pendragon,” you said.

He walked closer to you, but you held up your knife threateningly.

“Don’t take another step,” you warned.

He raised his hand and the knife turned into a snake.

You had a major fear of snakes, so you shrieked and climbed onto the coffee table.

“What the hell are you?” you cried.

“I’m a wizard,” he smirked, “And I see you inherited your ancestors fear of snakes.”

“What?” you asked, confused.

“You’re descended from King Arthur. I cast a spell to take me to his living ancestor and it took me to you,” he smiled brightly.

“I think I’m going to be sick,” you muttered.

Merlin made the snake disappear.

“I’m stuck here. And I’m hoping you have a kinder heart than Arthur and would be willing to help me?” he asked.

“No more snakes and I will help you with anything,” you said, climbing down from the table.

“You have my word,” he chuckled.

You gave him a weak smile.

He took your hand and placed a silver dragon ring on it. It clasped tightly onto your finger and you gave him a questioning look.

“It was Arthur’s. It’s a promise that I will be here to protect you,” he said.

You just gave a mere nod, unsure of what to say.

“Do I smell food? I’m famished,” he said, walking towards your kitchen.

You needed to sit down soon or you would pass out.