Chapter Sixty Two

Start from the beginning

"Am I supposed to drink that," asked Damon sarcastically.  "Did you get one of your many groupies to slice open a vein for your dying friend?"

Kevin lips pressed together as he stared at Damon, "You look pale."

"How am I supposed to look after drinking a debilitating poison that has killed off hundreds of einge and four pure bloods," asked Damon exasperated. 

Kevin kneeled while he placed a white straw in the liquid with a sigh, "Just drink this for me."

"Whatever the great and all powerful Kevin Jacob Lawson wants," responded Damon sardonically as he parted his painfully dry, cracked lips.

"Yes it is," gloated Kevin with a watchful eye.

Damon took several sips before he pulled back with a pinched and disgusted face, "Ew!  What is that?"

"Oh," laughed Kevin while he brought the glass toward his face to stare at the contents, "its pureed heart."

"Whose heart," spat Damon with a look of horror on his face.

Kevin rose from his crouched position with a satisfied smile, "Don't worry about it."  Kevin sat the glass on the table with a cocky smirk, "You are already looking better."

Damon licked his lips while he sat up, "This doesn't make any since.  There's no cure for the poison Savanovic created."

"Of course there was," sighed Kevin.  "The cure ran through the veins of the Savanovic family and I made sure to tell every family effected by the poison this."

"You've basically put a hit on the Savanovic family," frowned Damon.  "Do you know how many people will be after Savan and his family?"

"I don't care," drawled Kevin.  "I only care about you and -."

"Where is Tyrese," asked Damon abruptly cutting Kevin off.  "Tyrese is -."

"Tyrese was a Savanovic but he was exiled," sighed Kevin as he plopped into the dove gray recliner across from the couch Damon had until recently laid on.

"So he will not be on every hit list from here to Asia," asked Damon inconvenienced.

"No I will not," came a voice from the door.

Damon smiled weakly toward the handsome caramel complexioned man at the door.  "You always come at times when I'm not well."

"Stop always being so damn sickly," laughed Tyrese.  Tyrese walked over an extended his hand toward Damon.  "Imagine my surprise when I returned from Normandy -."

"Ugh," frowned Damon, "don't remind me how -."

"I told you," laughed Tyrese, "Not to drink the Kool-Aid Savanovic was handing out."  Tyrese laughed as he walked over to the other empty gray seat.  "And did you hear that the elder Savanovic was killed?"

Kevin lips curled up in amusement as he stared at the reddish pink liquid in the glass Damon had just drank from. "Killed," inquired Kevin with fake interest, "why would they think he was killed?"

"I don't know," responded Tyrese with a pensive expression.  "It may be the fact that his decapitated body was found five hours ago in his office downtown missing the heart."

"Missing the heart," repeated Damon with a look of horror.  Damon blue eyes went to the glass and disgust filled his face, "Kevin for the love of God tell me you didn't!"

"Did do what," asked Tyrese with a puzzled expression.

Damon pointed toward the half empty glass with a gag, "Oh God! I think I'm going to be sick!"

"Don't throw up on my mom's Persian carpet or she'll kill you," sighed Kevin dismissively.

"Kevin," drawled Tyrese quizzically.  "Why is Damon running to the toilet dry heaving?"

"Because he has a weak stomach," responded Kevin offhandedly.

Tyrese gave Kevin a condescending look, "He drinks blood daily so I doubt he has a weak stomach."  Tyrese picked up the glass that Damon had been staring at and sniffed the contents, "What is this?"

"Pureed heart," drawled Kevin with an amused smirk.

Tyrese hand started to shake uncontrollable as a look of horror took over his expression. "We are so dead," whispered Tyrese.

"Don't spill it," sighed Kevin.  "I want to freeze the rest."

"Kevin do you know what will happen to you and Damon because of what you've done," asked Tyrese.  "Do you know what will happen to me because I am not going to tell anyone?"

Kevin eyes flashed gold as he raised his chin and stared down his nose at Tyrese, "They will die."

Tyrese nodded slowly, "I hope you have some more of that shit you're drinking because Damon and I can't do the little eye trick."

"Sure you can," smirked Kevin as he pointed toward the glass.  "Stop believing the lies and start practicing."

***

Silver Lights District - Ward Home

That Night

Xara jerked awake with a light sheen of sweat on her forehead and looked around the dimly lit room.  "Kevin," whispered Xara expectantly.  "Kevin are you there?"

"No it's just me," frowned Sebastian wearily as he stood up from the dark green seat to walk over to the bed.  "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No," responded Xara with a shake of her head.  "I -."  

Sebastian stared helpless until Xara stopped coughing.  "I think we should have another doctor come see you."

Xara shook her head, "Have you found the woman that took my necklace?"

"The necklace," repeated Sebastian thoughtfully.  Slowly he picked up Xara's pale hand and stared at the blue veins that could be seen.  "How is it possible that in such a short amount of time you've come to look like this?"

Xara frowned at her hand before she snatched it out of his hand, "I don't know."

"Are you hungry," asked Sebastian worriedly.  "Kayla sent over porridge."

Xara slowly nodded.

"Are you agreeing because you are hungry or because you want me to leave so you can think over what you just dreamed about," asked Sebastian seriously.

Xara looked away from Sebastian's probing gaze to stare down at her hands as they played in the white coverlet.  "Because I'm hungry," responded Xara untruthfully.

"Uh huh," frowned Sebastian as he stood up.  "I'll be right back!"

p.s.  Pic of Anthony on the right!  Hope you guys find him as yummy as I do