Chapter Sixty Two

Start from the beginning

"Maybe she's allergic to that new hair color," joked Lucca while he pointed to Sebastian's newly dyed black hair. "You should go back to blond and see if she gets better," frowned Lucca as he pressed buttons on his handheld. "No really," sighed Lucca dejectedly, "I'm concerned too. Unc Kae hasn't responded to our messages -."

"Neither has my dad or Lucas," frowned Mekhi thoughtfully. Mekhi stared down at the half eaten soups on the bamboo tray, "Has Ruby been going to visit her?"

"Of course not," growled Sebastian. "Harmony and that Lilith woman came to see her the day before yesterday.  Ebony and Kayla yesterday." Sebastian glared around his bedroom, "Aside from them and us no one has been to see her."

"I had Anton do a full background check on Lilith and it came back relatively clean," sighed Mekhi as he sat down. "If she was anymore clean I'd say she was soap."

"Mekhi," frowned Lucca, "That saying will never catch on."

"It will if I say so," smirked Mekhi confidently.

"Whatever," huffed Lucca dismissively as he closed his eyes and laid his head on the back of the brown leather chair. "We need to figure out what the fuck is going on."

"Why can't we reach them," yelled Sebastian as he picked up and threw a pillow across the bedroom. "Why is this happening to her!" Sebastian took in the sympatric looks from both Lucca and Mekhi as he sank to his knees. "Why can't I help her?"

Mekhi rose and walked over to Sebastian, patting him on the shoulder, "We'll figure this out."

"Where is the damn council when we need them," groaned Lucca as he stood up.

Mekhi took a deep breath before he released it on a long drawn out sigh. "Am I the only person that doesn't believe all this is a coincidence?" Mekhi lips twisted as he stared aimlessly around the room, "Ruby is somehow behind this. We just need to figure out what it is and how we can solve it."

"That's right," nodded Lucca. "Remember when we came up here a few days ago and she was here," continued Lucca urgently. "She was in your room all by herself."

Mekhi slowly walked over to the chair Ruby had sat in, his hand ran carefully over the chair, "She tried to give you a necklace."

"Where is it now," asked Lucca anxiously.

Sebastian face scrunched up as he considered the question. "I placed it back in the box and put the box in that crypt."

"Has Xara been to the crypt," asked Mekhi. "Maybe she went there and touched it?"

"I searched her bedroom, armoire and bathroom and didn't find anything."  Sebastian ran his fingers through his hair before he stood up, "I know you were joking about the dye but I think I'll have Lilith change it back."

"We need to keep looking," sighed Mekhi.  "I still don't believe it's a coincidient that Ruby was in your room."

"We've searched my room from top to bottom," frowned Sebastian.

Lucca stood up and looked around the room determinedly, "We need to look again.  Obviously we are missing something important.

***

Xara laid her head back on the pillow and stared at the light green ceiling.  Slowly her eyes slid close and she fell into a deep sleep...

March 3, 2040, Chicago, IL (time unknown to Xara)

"Damon!  Earth to Damon!  Do you read me?"

Damon turned midnight blue eyes toward the door and chuckled as he watched Kevin hold up a glass full of reddish pink liquid.