"Oky"

The twins replied simultaneously.

"Are you done terrorising my kids Joss?" Rain asked finally, almost feeling jealous at the way Jousou had tucked the twins in on his sides so nicely, when she was too far away to physically touch them herself. The young wolf just smiled that pleasant innocent smile of his, all teeth. He wanted to tell his sister the kids missed her too, that the whole family did, but he knew better. Rain would feel incompetent if she couldn't save more of her estranged brothers, if she didn't let them experience family the way she did by way of mama. Jousou chose not to tread those shark infested waters, even though his guy was telling him they were losing time.

"Hey big sis! Sorry but they are just too gullible. Although," He leaned closer to the screen, "I think someone will be happy to know these trouble makers are fine and not locked up in my closet" he winked, crouching a bit.

He went ahead and lifted the boys up into his arms, much to their giggling delight, proudly flexing his bare muscles at them. Jousou's eyes crinkled at the corners from the genuine happiness he exuded, since gaining Rain's trust a few years ago, the young healer had inherited what he thought to be the greatest joys of all in his life, these two boys who were looking into his hazel eyes with adoration and trust since before they could talk. And he never failed to spoil them, more so than ever, he did not want the pups feeling empty of the love they should have been getting from their father, so he happily filled in, no matter how childish it was at times, even for himself.

"Whose gonna grow up and be as strong as uncle Joss?"

"Me!"

"Me uncle Joss!"

The boys' worries were long forgotten as they kept giggling and comparing their small biceps to that of their favorite uncle.

"Keep them out of trouble will you kid?" Rain's teary hoarse voice carried nothing but adoration at the trio. She had this creeping feeling inside of her   about all this coming to end, it was stifling but she pushed it all away, she was long damned anyway. Rain held on to the happy feeling instead.

"Bye babies, I love you!" She made a comical wave at the screen, blowing kisses as Jousou lowered the boys' faces a bit closer to the screen.

"Bye Mommy"

"Love you mom"

"Now how about we go and actually nab one or two pieces of candy before grandma catches us huh? You still have the key?"

"Yes!" The twins were laughing conspiratorially now, of course if uncle does it himself, there is no way they'll take the blame. 

"Ahh!" Scoffed Rain in mild disbelief.

Jousou winked at her, "Later big sis, love you!"

"Sure you big oaf, now go away with your band of thieves!" Rain laughed, ending the video call.

~~~~

Nobody was in a happier mood than Rain at the moment, the session with her kids always brightened her day no matter what. The stress of planning attacks and keeping head count did tend to take a toll on her, but she didn't run this place alone, no. She had her second in command, Blaze and her third Rhea. Not forgetting her favorite headache, Rush, whose role was to err, just be.

Its not like her rogues needed much controlling anyway, with how much they respected her already. They looked up to her because Rain was never given leadership, she took it by force and made it her own and chose to free them of their burdens and carry them on her own shoulders instead. She sacrificed her happiness, when as young as she is she could've gone and 'lived it up' so to speak, she risked her life on the daily so that they can live theirs, so of course they were grateful, respectful and very happy.