Chapter 29

Rain had barely managed to convince Mama to erect a couple modern day buildings apart from the wood and thatching the pack previously used so that she can be certain of their safety , pointing out threats like storms, fires and attacks. She did also mention the perks which were electricity, communication with the outside world and air-conditioning to mention a few.

Which is why Rain was seating in her office  at six am with her laptop on her desk, its screen alive with her favorite little people, the twins in their matching spiderman pajamas.

"So you stole your grandma's keys because she wouldn't let you have candy?" Rain asked somewhat sternly, although she was trying very hard not to laugh because this situation was just too hilarious.

"mmm Yep" came the reply from her naughty five year old.

"Mommy I told him he'll get us, get us in trouble with grandma and now-"

"What sweetheart? Why are you crying?"

"I told Th-thorn mommy and now Grandma's looking for us!" River was bawling his eyes out while Thorn kept shushing him to keep quiet before they were found from their spot in the closet, which wasn't a very good spot anyway considering they hadn't even shut the closet doors behind them.

"Be nice to your brother Thorn, especially since you started this-"

"But mom, grandma doesn't eat candy, she won't want the key back, River is just being a big baby!"

"Mommy I'm-I'm scared! She's gonna grind us mom, please tell her not to grind us!"

"You mean ground baby"

"Riri stop crying! They'll hear you!"

Thorn was hugging his brother, who by now was covered in snot and tears, their mother's heart warming at their display of affection.

"River honey, I think you boys just should just calm down go tell grandma what you did. I want you to tell her that you are very sorry and that you won't do it again OK? Trust me she won't be mad at you. Can you do that for mommy?"

Rain tried calming her baby down even though Thorn was shaking too now, but he just went on and played his big brother role so well.

Mama was firm and fair, so of course she was a bit scary to more than just pups. While cooing at her pups, our rogue's heart swelled with joy at seeing her little ones being so affectionate with each other, she gave thanks for the gift of her little angels.

Just then, she noticed something. Tilting her face a bit, she smiled and sat back in her chair. A beaming figure was approaching the open closet and the twins weren't even aware, too busy crying out their fear of grandma. The figure signed a hush sign at the chair sat laptop and creeped in... 

"Booh!"

"Aaahhh!"

Jousou was almost in tears laughing at the scared pups, and Rain couldn't help but laugh at the way they jumped. Her little ones were so sure of their hiding spot that they didn't notice the closet door behind them wasn't shut, and wasn't even close.

"Uncle Joss its you!" Screamed a now pale River.

"Yeah, you scared us I thought it was grandma."

"Nope, its only your favourite uncle. Now tell me you little rascals, you did not just steal your grandma's keys but you stole my laptop as well?"

"Sorry uncle Joss, but we needed mommy you see?" And Jousou just couldn't resist those boys' puppy eyes being flashed at him.

"Its ok boys, but next time ask for permission ok?"