Chapter 5.2

[Luna Lilly in the pic]

Rain

Having escaped Vanessa, I reached the second floor which is mostly business floor and found the Alpha's office just as a teary eyed Luna in a white flowing dress made her exit. When she saw me, she approached, looking determined despite her sniffling and me being the obedient fool that I am, I stood in place, waiting for her. "YOU" she said strongly, her dainty finger pointed at me. "You don't deserve our kindness, yet here you are," She indicated our surroundings  "with a roof over your head. Well, it's all thanks to MY mate and I think it's time you showed your gratitude." With those cryptic words, she turned and left, leaving me with one question: What was that about?

I focused back on the door, taking a deep breath. Forget about Vanessa, forget about Luna Lilly. You have Alpha Jackson to worry about now Rain. Eyeing the golden knob warily, I twisted it and entered Alpha Jackson's office. "How nice of you to finally show up, its not as if we had other important matters to attend to." Alpha said sarcastically to me as he spun in his chair, hands in his lap. "I'm sorry Sir when you called I was-" I tried to explain but he raised his hand cutting me off. "I don't wanna hear it. Sit." I sat down in one of the chairs to his large oak desk. It remained silent as he regarded me silently, making me more nervous with each second that passed as he stared at me. All the while I peered at him from under my lashes, it would be considered an offence if I faced him head on. I kept quiet despite my growing curiosity, I didn't want to risk it, after all, Alpha Jackson of the Canyon Pack was known for his temper and with my kind of luck.... quiet it is.

"We'll be hosting important guests next Friday. They are coming to discuss a possible alliance between our packs." He finally said, leaning forward, his arms resting on his desk. What I didn't get is why he'd tell this to me, this was stuff for the elders and the Council. "Um, but Sir if you don't mind me asking, what does that have anything to do with me?" I asked curiously. "I'm talking about Alpha Emmery of the Midnight Pack and some of his council men, know anything about them?" I nodded my head. Of course I knew about them, they were one of the largest and most feared packs in the Northern American continent, having conquered many battles and won over just as many territories. "Good cause your duty is to make sure they have the best time during their visit here." As he spoke, I burst with pride that he would even consider placing me on such a task. Understand, after being sidelined for so long, it felt good to be included for once. "Of course Alpha, what do you need me to do?" I asked eagerly, ready to set to work. I couldn't disappoint him now, no when he was personally entrusting me with this. Alpha Jackson shook his head in the negative, which confuses me, didn't he want me to do this? "You will personally entertain Emmery, whatever he asks for, you provide." He said, but seeing my confusion, he explained. "Sex. You Rain will cater to Emmery's every whim."

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as I jumped out of my seat knocking the chair back in the process, moving closer to the door. I couldn't believe my ears, I just couldn't and my heart was beating erratically in my chest as the words kept bouncing around inside my head.

Sex. Alpha Emmery. Me

I laughed, dryly. "I'm sorry Alpha but that's a bad joke to play on somebody. Is Shelly behind this one? Cause if she is then show's over." I said already opening the door and peering into the hallway. "Shelly!" I yelled out, "You know better than to disturb the Alpha with your games. Shelly? Whoever's behind this show yourself! Its not funny" I wanted it to be a prank, I needed it to be a sick joke. "Rain!" I heard the Alpha's voice yelling my name, but it sounded so far away. "Come out, ha ha, not funny!" I was randomly opening doors to various rooms lining the hallway, searching for somebody, for Shelly, anything. "Young Everton!!" Alpha's voice again, why did it sound so close? Next thing I knew, a large calloused hand grabbed my elbow and began harshly dragging me backwards then a door slammed before I found myself staring into light grey eyes now a darker, stormy shade.

That's when it clicked, my Alpha was ordering me to SLEEP with old men. "You're not serious, you don't expect me to do this, right?" I asked my voice shaking, I was scared. "I have done my research on this matter and THIS is the only way. Their pack could pro-make us more powerful. Sure, Emmery has an ego the size of Africa and the most weird tastes in....women but as bad as you are, you're our only shot." Power. Is this what Luna meant? Why did I find that hard to believe? And Friday was...no way! "I really can't Alpha Jackson, next Friday is my 17th birthday, I get to meet my mate, he can't find me in such a position!" I was getting hysterical but I couldn't let him mess up my shot at happiness. "Come up with another plan."

Alpha Jackson just blinked, leaving me to think I'd won. However, the growl that rumbled within his throat had me backing and almost tripping on my fallen chair in my haste to put some distance between us. I am stupid, you don't disrespect an Alpha like I just did. "Do you really think he'd mate you? Not when he hears of your endevours he won't. What sane wolf would take pride in a mate that's bedded males from such a tender age as yours? Let's face it, YOU are used goods, a child who has done everything BUT being a child!" He snarled the words with such truth it had all my confidence crumbling within me, 'your mate won't want you', 'your mate will reject you', even my Alpha was singing the tune. He walked around me back to his chair, leaving me to stare at an empty space, which in a way resembled my heart. "Tell me, will you feel better I pay you for your services? Is that what they give you? Treats?" He was mocking me, I could sense it. "Listen, you're doing this, FOR your pack. Your Luna will prepare you. Now Get Out!"

"Come on, time's wasting!" Luna said dragging me off just I walked out.

What just happened?

***
A/N

Another chap after many mistakes, I'd like to thank all those who voted. And the rest? Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

Addict loves ya!