Chapter 15

3rd Person

Lilly stood outside her son's bedroom door taking deep breaths, physically and mentally bracing herself for the sight that awaited her on the other side of the door. It definitely is a mother's worst nightmare when your child, once so full of life, is suddenly sickly, helpless and is- fading right before your very eyes.

Yes, she was beyond extremely worried about his fast deteriorating health. She hadn't thought that keeping the mates away from each other would render them ill, especially considering how they weren't officially mated yet.  At least she hadn't expected it on her boy, him  being an Alpha's son should count for something right? Well, it should have. She figured.

She propped the tray of soup she was carrying on her hip and using one trembling hand, something she couldn't rid away with a simple exhale, she knocked on the door in rapid succession.

"..go away" Came a muffled reply from inside. Of course she knew of her son's prideful nature but she was his mother, she'd get in. She had to.

"It's me honey, let me in. I- I brought something for you!" She replied, being quick to state her business. "Please!"

She waited, determined to enter somehow. After a few seconds, her son's scent got stronger by the door, followed by a click and then the door handle twisting. JJ opened the door.

"Come in." He said less than happy and tiredly signaling his mother in with his left arm, too self conscious to even spare a glance her way.

Lilly nearly ran in with how fast her feet moved, not doubting that he might change his mind about letting her in and instead, shut the door in her face; she didn't hesitate for even half a second.

Inside, the Luna nervously occupied herself with placing down the tray of soup and some herbs on her son's bedside table and shifting them around mindlessly. The spongebob themed room and its bright yellows did little to lift her mood but some trivial thoughts about it did distract her a little, like the fact that JJ's room with it's childish decor all because her son left for the academy as soon he turned 13 and how it would probably remain that way because he would move into a bigger apartment if not keep the whole pack house during his reign. The thoughts, all few of them were just a measly means to avoid seeing her once very healthy son stagger his way to bed like a frail old man. To avoid focusing on his veiny grey skin that was once a healthy tan. She didn't want to see his haggard face nor the dark circles underneath his eyes. As long as she didn't see all this, she could hold on to the hope that 'it isn't that bad, he will get better soon', preferably VERY soon for her precious son.

His appearance scared her, it made her think of how close she really is to losing him because of her stubborn actions, and this was bad because the almighty Luna is not one to face her actions, 'it doesn't look good on her' she was once told. ' A real leader doesn't get the chance to go back on his decisions' her father once said.

That bothered her immensely right now because even with all the false hope in the world, she really stands to lose him if he doesn't agree to her idea.

JJ knew nothing of what was swirling inside his mother's ever busy brain because despite how close they were, he didn't want anybody seeing him in this state, so weak and not... himself but his mother was a whole other matter, she loved him no matter what. She'd shown that by never-belittling him at every turn, like his father had done.

After letting her in, he tried quickly returning to the safety of his bed covers. He was ashamed at how he looked and he hated that a girl he'd only met four weeks ago could have this effect on him.

The first time he meets her, he gets mauled by a giant, the second time he goes to check on her down at the cells like a good mate would, she reeks of said giant. Not that he didn't feel an ache in his heart and a sharp pain on his lower half when she so inconsiderately cheated on him. As if that wasn't bad enough, when he tries to escape her betrayal by chilling with other boys in the pack and just chill, he hears of her 'adventures'. And NOW, he's sick because of her?! UN-ACCEPTABLE!