Chapter 17

3rd Person

Rain slipped out of JJ's bedroom, actually... THEIR bedroom. The thought made her wolf hum in content because her hopes were not for naught after all and she made sure to remind Rain of this, the cocky little wolf...

JJ had just gone to take a shower in his bathroom so Rain took the opportunity to prepare her and her mate some breakfast; she thought maybe, just maybe explore the Pack House without restrictions, a freedom that came with being mates with the Alpha's son.

Padding her way to the kitchen, she felt wonderful and hungry, SO hungry. She didn't question why, she only put it down to the time she spent under the covers with JJ, even though he hasn't marked her yet. She trusted in his words that they still had plenty of time, it was true!

She entered the kitchen. "Morning boys," she greeted in a sing-song voice. "and how are you in this fine morning?" she said.

There were several wolves already occupying the kitchen, but they dropped all that they were doing to look at the girl who would run if they so much as sniffed her way yet now carelessly remained in their presence.

Connor pushed off a wall he was leaning on and slammed a glass of water he'd been holding in his hand down on the grey granite top island. He sniffed the air Rain's way. "WHO did you do this time?" His words made all seven male wolves present, including Jason, to sniff the air.

"Yeah, you look thoroughly dicked." Jason bitterly commented, eyeing Rain who paid them no mind. She had a glow about her that, despite a male wolf's scent emanating from her, made her more appealing. Only the lack of a mark on her neck kept some of the hope remaining in Jason that he'd still have his chance too.

"No shit, she fuckin' stinks of it rich boy." Connor said to Jason. He disliked girls cause they didn't like him, called him a brute, those crazy girls.

And this one in particular had many wrapped around her finger, but she had not once looked his way. She obviously thought she was too good for him, when she was only a lowly slut. He thought this, his previous violence towards her long forgotten from his mind.

Rain, who all through the verbal onslaught was busy making pancakes, turned with a serving of four on her plate along with a bottle of hot sauce. A mix the boys eyed in bewilderment.

"Please leave me be, I doubt JJ would be happy with this hostility towards His Mate." Rain said, taking some pride in something for once in her life.

Clap! Clap! Clap! "Wow!," Connor said as he mockingly slow clapped at Rain's words. "You bagged yourself an Alpha heir." Rain just ate happily, nothing could ruin her day.

Or so she thought.

"Let me ask you something nature girl cause I can already see you got this puffy little cloud over your head filled with ponies and rainbows somehow galloping all over it." He said waving his hands about and wiggling his fingers before clasping them before him. "In your pretty little head, you really think they'll make you our Luna?" He asked, seriously. Rain smiled brighter, taking another large bite of her food.

Seeing her dopey smile, Connor scowled. "How stupid of you, I thought you'd have learned your lesson by now. Get your head out the clouds nature girl, JJ would NEVER go through with this so wake the FUCK up!" he said getting in Rain's face. "I fuckin' hate stupid people." and just when things were getting heated, JJ came into view.

~~~~

Spotting a dreamy Rain go down the stairs, Lilly trudged up in a hurry. Something was not right, some-one smelled.. pregnant? Fisting a corner of her long flow skirt in one hand, she whizzed through the corridors not wasting time on useless pleasantries. This was crazy, this was careless, it couldn't be true!!

Slamming her son's door nearly off its hinges, the yelling began. "You spent two weeks cooped up in here with her! TWO when we only agreed to just one night to heal you!" Lilly yelled afraid that with all this time JJ might have failed in resisting the urge to bite her, she wanted to know what he knew. "Why JJ?! Why would you be so stupid?! You were supposed to be done with her already! ..." She was screeching at the top of her lungs, red in the face.

It was one thing to side with your child against the other parental half, but it was a whole other matter if it got YOU in trouble instead, and Lilly feared this.

Now, was JJ supposed to cower beneath the screaming banshee who nearly tore his door off the wall? He wondered because honestly, the sight of his mother all red and manic was hilarious, but he wanted to keep head so shhhh, no laughing. Instead he carried on tucking his cellphone in his jeans pocket and checking if he had enough cash in his wallet, normal, as if all was right in the world.

"Look mom," He said languidly. "it's not my fault that she went into Heat once we started, I couldn't resist!" Her son said, not seeing how his mother cringed at one particular word.

"Heat?" She asked just to be sure she heard correctly yet wishing she hadn't, she knew of the state and if it was true then it changes everything.

It is common, normal in-fact, that when a she-wolf is closest to her mate, that she will feel a burning lust so heated she can't resist the call to mate with her fated. The she-wolf then releases a hormone that acts as an aphrodisiac to which ensures that her male also bends to the mating call. This first occurs when mates meet, then seasonally so to ensure breeding.

But, it also happens when said she-wolf is pregnant and THAT is what worried Luna Lilly. She honestly suspected that the girl was carrying a future Alpha of the Midnight Pack, an Heir of Emmery's.

Danger!

"Whatever, her Heat's over anyway so I'll get to it." JJ simply said, putting on a muscle shirt before walking out to seek his mate. Lilly, in a daze, rushed out to seek HER mate because this was an urgent matter.

JJ found his unknowing mate in the kitchen surrounded by males, 'she never stops does she? Wow' he thought. "Don't do it pup!", at this JJ scoffed. "Oh shut up!" he said dismissing his wolf's opinion, tired of being told what to do. His wolf didn't mind that she was surrounded by other males because she still carried their scent, that was enough for him but JJ wasn't as easy to please, just like his mother.

'Once a slut, always a slut' is what he thought.

Conversation stopped at his entry, secrets huh? JJ almost smiled when Rain pushed a full plate of pancakes his way, almost.

"Gee thanks but I'm going out." At his callous words, Rain's shoulders drooped and her eyes went glassy, a sensitive reaction to insensitive words.

Much like humans, she-wolves (or generally the more submissive party in a loving unit) took to their nurturing roles with pride, and being able to keep their mates' tummy full through a warm meal prepared with love was their utmost honor, that's why being denied such an honorary responsibility resembled a blow to her vulnerable heart; causing the happy smile on her glowing features to be replaced by a dejected yet hopeful one. "OK, I guess I'll just make you dinner when-"

"Look at you, you're already acting like my bloody mother!" He spat with unveiled irritation burning in his eyes, he may have taken pleasure from her body but it did not mean he tolerated her any better; besides, who in their right mind would mistreat a conquest BEFORE doing the deed?! JJ wasn't very smart but even he knew that little secret!

Humiliated by her mate's disregard towards her feelings, Rain fought to stretch the corners of her lips some, so as to not further embarrass herself. "Look I'm sorry, it's really not a problem-"

"Good," He cut in, "because we're over." He said with an undisguised load of impatience.

***
A/N

So, this is one chap of an inter-connected three so I will keep my notes tiny.

Addict loves u!