Part 16: Leave Town

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"It's about time."

"What?"

"That boy has been trying to get your attention since grade school. I'm glad he finally made his move. He seems like a fine young man."

"Grade school? No, I would've noticed if he had a crush on me that long."

But then she remembered Caleb saying how he had loved her for years. Could it have been that long?

"What's bothering you? I can sense something is troubling you."

There was no hiding anything from this woman, Simona swore she was psychic. "Rachel is mad at me. We got into a big fight last night and I don't know if we're going to be friends after this."

"She likes Caleb." She answered for her, already understanding the situation.

Nodding with shame Simona replied, "Yes, she thinks he's the one. She wants to be with him."

"But he doesn't want her."

"Yeah..." Even more guilt was starting to pile on.

"So you think you owe it to her to stay away from him." It wasn't a question but confirmation. "Sometimes love is messy. You two will figure it out. Rachel has many men to keep her preoccupied. Speaking of, if you could tell her to keep it down when she has gentleman callers over that would be fantastic. The girl was screaming like a banshee over there. I thought being 50 ft away from the house was fine, but I see I need a whole football field distance to get away from her midnight lust lungs."

Simona laughed, shocked at everything her grandmother was saying, waiting on her to drop some deep elder knowledge on her like she usually does. But instead she complained about Rachel being too loud during sex?

"Nana, oh my goodness. Stop, please." She chuckled.

"And, I don't want to another hickie on your neck. You hear me. Tell that boy to control himself. It makes you look like a floosie."

With a giggle Simona shook her in agreement, "Yes ma'am."

Marian's car pulled into the driveway, right on time for their evening game of cards and a heavy dose of gossip. Simona was certain they were really going to be yacking each others ears off tonight.

"Simona darling." Marian greeted her with a smug smile, knowing she had had sex. Her eyes said it all. The look of judgment and then a nod of approval.

Marian sashayed over giving Grandma Cade a big hug and then both walked inside, the door hadn't fully closed all the way before Simona could hear name being whispered between the two.

Just as she was about to yell for them to mind their business, her phone rang cutting her sentence off. It was Caleb calling.

"Hello?"

Simona, hey." He sounded nervous, or troubled.

"How's Nick and Ramona? Are they okay?"

He paused sighing deeply, "It's not looking to good for Diaz. They were both in pretty bad shape when I saw them."

"Oh my god. Are you alright?" She asked hearing the pain in his voice.

Another long pause, he didn't answer.

"Caleb?"

"I was hoping to see you today. Talk face to face maybe?" He said it as if he was unsure if she would want to see him again.

"Are you okay Caleb?" She asked again knowing he would brush it off and say he was fine.

"I'm fine."