Chapter Seventeen- Every Hour, On The Hour, They Drew Blood

Start from the beginning

 “It’s complicated, James.” he sighed.

 “You can’t just say that. It isn’t fair. You can’t say that and expect me to let it be. I’m part of this. I have the right to know. I’m the other half of the relationship, and-”

 “There is no relationship! Don’t you see?” he laughed blandly. “I don’t want to live my life in the shadows. I don’t want to hide away my romance, I shouldn’t have to.”

 “Then don’t. You want a picture of us kissing on the album cover? Then that’s what it’ll fucking be.” I said quickly.

 “I don’t want that. James… please.”

 He pouted and I shot him a look of pure exasperation.

 “Will you fucking stop mind-fucking me?” I hissed.

 He leapt at me and kissed me. I was so surprised that I almost forgot to catch him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he wrapped his legs around my waist and I kissed him back passionately. He was kissing me with a kind of hunger, a kind of need, but the kiss actually developed into something slower, more romantic. And then he pulled away, but not before he had placed a single, lingering kiss on my lips…

 “I fucking love you.” he whispered.

 “And I fucking love you too.” I replied and he chuckled.

 “You do realise that if we ever came out with our relationship, some people would get all homophobic and not listen to us? George sighed.

 “Who cares? Fuck ‘em, nobody cares. They’re homophobes- they’re not real people.” I said. He smiled.

 Before we could continue the conversation, George squealed and leapt off me. I turned to see Rich’s car coming down the road. George ran his hands through his hair so it stuck up at odd angles and smiled at me.

 When we got to the studio, everyone was already there, even Matt; it was unusual for him to be on time to anything nowadays. He ghosted along, still stressing and upset even though I hadn’t heard any more about Liam in a while.

 So we were back in the studio for our last day of recording. After that we just had to finish mixing the tracks but we weren’t keen on altering our sound too much. Not this time. The studio was indeed smaller, but it didn’t matter. In fact, it felt better. Matt was smiling somewhat so I knew it would be a good day. Everyone played excellently and by the end I was ridiculously happy with the recording. We all had a group hug which was, of course, followed by lots of coughing and deep, manly voices.

 David Stone wanted to see us all in his office so our next stop was Skull. Luckily Jake had also driven to the studio in his car so we had two car boots to put all of our stuff into and we actually had a seat each for a change. George sat next to me in the back of Ray’s car and held my hand for the journey. I smiled to myself.

 We all got out of the cars at Skull and went straight into the office where David was sat behind his desk. He smiled at us all.

 “Hello boys. How was recording?” he asked.

 “Great, thanks.” Rich said. Everything’s nearly done.”

 “Good. I just wanted to run over your itinerary one more time…” he told us. He walked round the desk and sat on it.

 “So, tomorrow is your last day to pack, get anything you need and bid farewell to your families. Now that you’ve dropped out of school we don’t have to worry about that anymore… So, I need you all here at about eleven in the morning for your interview with Scriveners. They’ll probably want some photos, so make sure you look good. I don’t know quite how long that will take. The album cases have been made up- we just need to settle on the artwork. If we can do that now that’d be great so we can send off the plans… You’ve already written your ‘thanks’ for the album sleeves… Jordon has assured me that the mixing on the last two tracks will be done by Thursday, so fingers crossed, then I can get that all wrapped up…