Chapter Seventeen- Every Hour, On The Hour, They Drew Blood

“We have to stop doing this.”

 I stared up at my ceiling and didn’t move or say anything. The duvet cover was pulled back and the cool air of the room hit my skin. I pulled the covers back up and then went back to staying still. I tried to keep the good emotions, the euphoria I was feeling for as long as possible, but everything came crashing down when my shirt was thrown at my face. I propped myself up on my elbows and watched as George pulled his trousers on over his boxers.

 “Why?” I asked. “I love you, you love me-”

 “Let’s get together and killed 1D?” he joked.

 I rolled my eyes and forced myself to get out of bed.

 “Fuck you, George.”

 “I believe you just did.”

 I stamped my foot and he decided it was time to stop chatting back. I walked over to the corner of the room, picked up my boxers and put them on. I pulled on my skinny jeans as well but then ran out of effort. I rested my forehead against the wall and stood there, breathing deeply.

 “Hey, hey…” George said quietly, and I felt him gently start to trace a soothing pattern on my left shoulder blade with one finger.

 I sighed and closed my eyes.

 “I just wish it could go back to the way it was before.” I whispered. I turned my face to look at him and he pouted.

 “I know. Me too.” he replied.

 “So why can’t it?” I asked. I held one of his hands, leant in and kissed him, using my free hand to lightly brush against his neck. He shivered with pleasure but pulled back quickly, eyes closed, lips pressed together.

 “We should get to the studio.”

 I released him and pulled on my shirt. He didn’t move but said my name. I ignored him. I was done. This was the last time. Didn’t you say that last time? Shut up, stupid brain… He said my name again but I just continued to get dressed. Socks on, shoes on, grab my jacket, leave the room. Leave him standing there just like he always left me.

 I walked down the stairs and checked Scamp was alright before grabbing my guitar case and opening the front door. I stepped outside, slammed it shut, walked down the little front garden and sat near the gate. Rich, who had recently passed his driving test, was picking me up. I suppose he was picking George up too. I heard the door open and shut again and a book was thrown at the back of my head.

 “Open that. Look at the last page.” George’s cold voice instructed. Without looking at him I did as he commanded, and on the last page of the sketchbook was an incredible pencil drawing of the two of us, our arms around each other, laughing. “Does that look like I don’t care about us to you?”

 I scrambled to my feet and whirled around to face him.

 “Well stop treating me like your little whore, then! I loved you! I love you. And you ended our fucking relationship with no reasoning other than you were scared. You’re scared of what people who don’t even know us will think. And yeah, maybe I was scared too- but I’m not anymore. I’d broadcast it around the whole fucking world that I love you.” I babbled.

 “Don’t act like this is all my fault-” he started.

 “You think I wanted this? Even if I was scared of people knowing, we could’ve kept it a secret. You’re the one who gave up, wanted to finish it, wanted it all to end. And who knows why? I fucking don’t! No-one understands. Even Matt who is suicidal is wasting his time trying to figure out our situation.” I snapped. He flinched at his brother’s name.