" My life isn't perfect " Adryian replied

" See, there you go.. you don't even appreciate the little shit. You got the nigga every body wants , a beautiful baby, you're fine as shit and everybody in the hood wants you and you're smart. Hell, you got a nigga to pay off your whole tuition while ima' probably be in debt till' I'm twenty something going to a weak ass school "

" I'm not about to sit and feel sorry for you tee when shit could be good for you too. Instead of worrying about me and what I got going on and trying to compare us, worry about yourself and try to level up. You always worried bout the next bitch that's your problem. You knew Devin wasn't shit and you still fucked with him. My life is far from perfect but I'm not finna' sit up and let it stay bad. You got to do better for real, I can't take care of you forever "

" You don't get it " Tania said, she put her purse on her shoulder and got out the car. " Bye Adryian " she said before closing the door and walking towards her apartment.

  ********

* 2 months later *

" Why is it so cold ? " Kasuan shivered helping Adryian get her suitcase out the rental car they had gotten for the the weekend

" This is what I had to grow up with " Adryian replied

They had taken a trip to Chicago for her mothers birthday weekend and ever since they had touched down all Kasuan had been doing was complaining about the temperature. When they finally got settled, Kasuan was dead tired, he took Sehkani and went to Adryian's old room for a nap.

" Where you going this late ? " Adryian's mother asked, sitting at the kitchen table looking through old bills. It wasn't even late Adryian thought, it was only 7 in the after noon

Adryian zipped up her coat " I'll be right back " she said.

" Don't go running into trouble now " her mother said giving her a look, Adryian chuckled before leaving out the house

Before going to her destination she made her way to the Hot chocolate stand that her and her older brother always went to, nobody made hot chocolate like them and Adryian missed it. Memories flashed through her head of her and her brother and she walked to the near by cemetery where he was buried.

Adryian went to the flower shop she always went to-to get flowers for her brother nearby. Usually the shop was bright and full of good energy and friendly faces but today, the owner of the shop Mrs.whitaker and her husband were the only ones there. Mrs.whitaker stood at the register and watched Adryian look around while her husband cleaned some vases. Usually they would play music, today the store was quiet and empty. Adryian thought nothing of it though because it was almost closing time.

She grabbed a bouquet of roses and smelled them before walking up to the register

" Hey " she smiled, Mrs.whitaker gave her a fake smile back before her face returned back to its resting bitch look " long time, no see..  is everything alright ?" Adryian asked

" Just feeling a little, ... under the weather " Mrs.whitaker replied eyeing her husband

" Well I hope you feel better .. "

" Thank you " Mrs.whitaker replied giving a soft smile " will this be all ?" She asked, Adryian nodded her head yes " that'll be twenty dollars and thirty nine cents "

Adryian pulled out the money and passed it to her " Thank you " she smiled, she turned to leave and Mrs.whitaker stopped her 

" Congratulations on the baby " Mrs.whitaker managed to say without sounding too nervous