Chapter 18 - Demitrius' Worries

Lilith's POV - 

"Hey, can I come in?" I knocked on the door before I spoke, it was quite late and Dem was still in his office. 

"Of course" He said giving me a small smile. I walked into his office and sat down on the chair opposite to him. "What brings you here?" He asked me clasping his hands together and putting them onto the desk in front of him. "You" I replied leaning back and bringing my feet up onto the chair. 

"Me?" Dem replied after a short while,  I must have surprised him.

"Yes you, I want to know what's going on in there" I said pointing at his head, after my chat with Vivian I have been really worried about Demitrius. It's not nice to see a family member be so stressed and not act like themselves, it's given me an uneasy guilty feeling. 

"Nothing is going on in there" He looked away as he said that, he was clearly avoiding my eye sight. " It's not nice to lie to your sister" I replied looking at the side of his face. Silence followed what I said, after what seemed like hours but was probably just a minute, Demitrius turned his head and looked at me. 

"I'm just stressed Lil" He sighed as he started rubbing his temples. 

"About?" 

"I don't want to burden you wi--"  I stopped him right there. 

"I don't want to hear that bullshit, I'm your agony aunt today so spill" Demitrius looked at me and smiled. "Okay Auntie Lilith" He made a playful mock of my self given title. 

"I'm just stressed about a lot of things" I didn't say anything to let him carry on. "For starters, this pack is extremely infuriating. I feel like sometimes the running of the pack is left to me, I don't know why the Alpha is the way he is and how he managed to stay as one of the strongest packs to this date. He is just so incompetent that it's actually hard to believe, his pack members are no better and today just topped it all" I nodded, the pack members really don't realise how threatened their position in our society is. 

"The pack members here are exceptionally rude but I do think that this is due to the Alpha and their whole upbringing. This pack has been one of the strongest for decades and they believe that they are invincible, they will realise that it's quite the opposite sooner or later" I replied to his issues with the pack as best as I could, I tried to limit my insults and thought I did pretty well too. " It's not just that that is bothering you is it?" I asked as his stressed face didn't loosen. 

"No" He replied as he stood up and shut the door. "I'm worried about mating with Arria" I watched him as he made his way back to the chair that he was sat on. " Why?" I asked when he was finally infront of me. " Will I be a good mate? I mean the mating process is practically finished but I mean...like..." 

"Having children" I finished off for him. 

"Yes" He shook his head as he realised how stupid his concerns were. " Will I be a good father? Will I be a good mate?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Demitrius are you not a good father or mate now?" I asked him as he looked at me with confusion. " You're practially a father to the twins, they wouldn't be able to survive without a guardian. You are a perfect mate to Arria, you love her and cherish her" Demitirus laughed when I mentioned the twins. 

"But the throne and things, I'm just worried that I won't be able to manage the Kingdom the way Mom and Dad have done so" I shook my head in disbelief. 

"I honestly don't know how you can worry about that Dem, you are a natural born leader. You make all the decisions here, you are the reason why we function like we do. You will do great I promise but if you are not ready, you don't need to take the throne any time soon" He nodded his head and sighed. 

"I guess your right" 

"I'm always right"

"Debateable" 

I shook my head as I laughed. 

"How are you?" He asked me. 

"I'm good" 

"Really? How is the situation with Alexander?" This time it was my turn to sigh. 

"Same old, tiring " He nodded his head. 

"If you want we can torture him? Say it's training?" I laughed again, playful Demitrius is a funny Demitirus and it's a shame that we don't see this side of him often. "We don't have to do that" I laughed again. We sat in comfortable silence until an idea popped in my head. 

"Let's go for a run" I said standing up. 

"It's late Lil" Demitrius replied and I rolled my eyes. 

"Sorry Demitrius I forgot that you are twelve and need to go to bed at ten" Demitrius slit his eyes into a glare and stood up. " Fine" He said walking around and to the door. 

"Race you to the lake" I said running out of the door before he even managed to comprehend what was going on. 

--- 

Alexander's POV -

"Demitirus jesus christ you're as slow in wolf form as you are driving" Her voice made me turn my head from my sat position in the tree. I couldn't sleep and decided to go for a run, I found this tree with the perfect parting to look at the sky and the stars. That was until  I heard her. 

"You ran out of the office without warning, it's hard to catch you" I watched as she walked towards the lake and sat down at the edge. "I can't help it I'm fast" She giggled, I could hear her laugh and giggle for the rest of my life. "You take after me then" He came and sat down next to her, their proximity was making me uncomfortable. " I'm not exactly sure that's true Dem" She laughed again, her laugh. 

This is so difficult, why do I want something I can't have?

You. Can. 

"Anyway, I brought you here to get rid of all of our stresses" She stood up and walked over to a pile of rocks and picked a few up. " Throw a rock at me and I swear Lil" She laughed again. 

"Have a little faith in me, jesus" She walked a few feet away from the lake. 

"Fuck you school" She shouted and threw a rock in the lake. Demitrius stood up and took a few rocks himself. 

"Fuck you kingdom" He threw a rock in. 

"Fuck you pack" She threw a rock, I was taken a back by that. 

"I second that" Demitirus laughed at that and threw a rock in. 

"Fuck you Alexander" That took the breath out of my lungs, did she really feel that way about me? 

Well, let me think you rejected her, you humiliated her, you used her.

Have I hurt her?

Noooo, you made her extremely happy you fucking imbecile of course you've hurt her.

"South border now Lil" I watched as Lilith looked at Demitirus with an alarmed expression. 

"Not again" She sighed and they took off running. 

Son, attack on South border.

My mate is NOT fighting, I refuse to believe that. 

----