Chapter 13 - Meeting

Author's Note - Sorry everyone for the very late update, I was on vacation and as you can imagine I had very little access to Wattpad. Here's the awaited chapter and as always, thank you so so much for all of the support! 

Lilith's POV -

"Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long" The Alpha family walked into the conference room as Caius started world war three with Vivian. " Not a problem" Demitrius replied to the Alpha with a small tight smile, just to be polite. 

"So you said that you would like to talk to us about the attack earlier on?" The Alpha sat down infront of us and the refreshments were placed in front of us too.  " Yes, we would just like to ask you a few questions" The Alpha nodded eagerly awaiting us to ask questions, we all looked at each other not knowing who was going to pop the question. For some reason, all eyes fell on me. 

"Firstly, I guess, we noticed that only seven people were patrolling the land, is there a reason for that?" I asked, I sounded strong and authoritative, something that neither Alexander or I expected. Usually the questioning is left to Demitrius, as the future King of our species. 

"Is that not enough?" Alexander looked at me intrigued, he was also challenging my stance and my point. " Not for the size of your land" I replied with no emotion, but a lot of authority. 

"Lilith is right, one thing that we noticed was the amount of people that patrol your land on a daily basis" Demitrius took out the map that we were looking at earlier from the folder he brought with him. "As you can see, you have more corners of territory than you have people patrolling the area" The Alpha nodded his head as he looked over the map. 

"Why is that?" I asked eager to hear an answer from the Alpha himself why he so inadequately had secured his pack. " I--" The Alpha was flickering his eyes between us, unsure of what to say. 

"If you don't have enough people, or enough trained people we would rather know now so we can help you" Vivian was pissed off from before with Caius and unfortunately the Alpha was getting it.  I glanced at Alexander who was clearly pissed off himself with the fact that his dad was being shown up infront of him. The dad that he so massively looks up to. 

"Our pack has enough trained pack members, if we didn't we wouldn't be one of the strongest packs in America" Alexander slit his eyes when he replied to Vivian. 

"Oh really, is that why your pack got attacked and it took us to come out of school to help it from getting worse?" Caspian was leaned back in his chair when he answered Alexander, I liked his laid backness. "You didn't have to" Alexander replied coldly.

"Fine, then let your pack get wiped out by one planned mass rogue attack, I'm sure I can find a pack for  the surviving members" Demitrius never took it lightly when someone disrespected us, or took for granted what we did for them. We all stood up ready to leave. 

"You are right, we don't have enough trained members" There was a defeated sigh from the Alpha and a sharp intake of air from Alexander. 

"That's all we needed to hear" Demitrius said sitting back down whilst throwing Alexander a distasteful look. 

"So will the soon to be Alpha sit down and listen or is he going to throw another paddy?" Caius replied, totally unprofessionally which meant that I had to muster my laughter. This is going to be one hell of a meeting. 

---

"Thank you truly for your help today" The Alpha was bidding us goodbye with his son and his wife behind him. " Not a problem, we are here to help your pack" Demitrius replied in true Ivanov style, we all said goodbye and turned around to our cars. " We're coming with you" Caius and Caspian both jumped to either side of me and I rolled my eyes playfully. " When are you not coming with me" I laughed and got in the drivers side. 

Once the twins were in the car I started the engine and began to manoeuvre my way out of the pack house, I knew that Alexander was watching my every move and it was so hard not to look back at him. I am a champion and I didn't. 

"I really don't want to help this pack" Caspian moaned and Caius agreed. 

"We have to though guys, all differences aside with Alexander and the other's dicks but these people don't deserve to die because they have a stupid soon to be Alpha" I replied truthfully, I really didn't want to help due to the fact that Alexander was a dick but I don't want others to suffer because of his actions. 

" So we have to help their security and help with their training" Caius gave out another groan and this time I joined him. " Don't remind me" I replied thinking of the people we will have to endure during our training. 

Oh the joys. 

Alexander's POV:

I watched as the Ivanov twins jumped to be next to Lilith when the meeting was over, I don't know what they said but it made Lilith smile and for some reason that made me jealous. 

"Son" I turned my head to look at my dad who was very pissed off, very very pissed off.  "I don't know what you was doing each time I was telling you about the royal family but do not ever, and I mean ever speak to them in that way" My dad didn't shout, he said this to me very lowly and meaningfully. " Dad are you serious? They were insulting our pack!" I tried to defend my actions, I never took it lightly when someone insulted my family or my pack. "Son, they are the royal family our existence is owed to them. They're helping us, you need to realise that not everything is so great within our pack and it's time we faced that" I looked my dad in disbelief, he never had this little faith in us. 

"Whatever" I said turning around and walking back into the pack house. 

"I'm not done talking to you" I heard him shout behind me. 

"Well I am" I said walking up the stairs, I decided to go to the library to try and find out more information on the situation that me and Lilith have found ourselves in. "Where are you going?" I rolled my eyes at the voice behind me, why can't she just leave me alone. "Somewhere" I replied not even stopping to turn around and face her. " Can I come with you?" She was following me, the last thing I needed is her knowing that I'm researching a way to get me and Lilith together. 

Wait, what am I saying. 

You're falling for her and you know it. 

Shut up. 

"No, I want to be alone" I replied still not turning around or even turning my head back. 

"But I want to be with you" She was whining now like a child, very mature. 

"Emma" I said abruptly stopping and turning around. " Your needs and wants at this moment really don't apply to me, I want to be alone so leave me alone" I said turning back around and walking, her scent disappearing indicating that she took the message. 

-